Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear HD LED Turn Signal Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear HD LED Turn Signal Install

I recently installed the HD LED Rear Turn Signals. The install was relatively easy, they look great, and they are quite bright. My question is this:

I went to wash the bike yesterday and noticed that they are on when the ignition is in the accessory position. I had it there so I could listen to the radio while I was cleaning. I had not noticed this before. Everything works as advertised. Thanks for any info.

Cale

Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Is your tail light on as well?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Is your tail light on as well?
Tail light is not on. I did also replace the factory tail with the HD LED Tail light.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM
xpilot
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested too, since I pick up my bike today, and have the same pieces sitting in my garage awaiting installation.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 AM
JoshuaCannon
Cruiser

Very interesting... I have the full LED Package from Custom Dynamics waiting for install.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Also interested. I installed the brake light but I want to add the turn signals.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
bucket772
Cruiser

Hmmmm. I never noticed that before. But for a reference, I have the pancake LED's front and back, along with a BAL-3S. When I turn it to accessory the brake/running light is off. The rear signals are on dim. the front signals are off and the fender tip is on. When I pull the brake, the BAL lights up as it should for brake and also the rear signals raise up to the brake intensity.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bucket772
Hmmmm. I never noticed that before. But for a reference, I have the pancake LED's front and back, along with a BAL-3S. When I turn it to accessory the brake/running light is off. The rear signals are on dim. the front signals are off and the fender tip is on. When I pull the brake, the BAL lights up as it should for brake and also the rear signals raise up to the brake intensity.
When I am in accessory, I have the rear LED Pancakes on dim. That is it for lights being on. The problem is, I never noticed prior to changing the lights. After I wired everything up, it just seemed odd, but only because I was looking at them... I was just hoping others had the same outcome. It sounds like it may be normal.

For reference, I have added:

Front LED Pancakes (HD)
Rear LED Pancakes (HD)
Rear LED Brake Light (HD)
Tour Pack R/T/B Controller

I have the rear fender light that also acts as a brake, but I need a splitter to wire it up, since the turn signals used the empty spot on the brake light.

Cale

Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

I'm on a RK so no tour pack for me. Also no extra modules. Just the BAL and the HD lights. I suppose it would be best for someone that hasn't done the mods to chime in here. I can't say I ever noticed if they were on or not before. But I rarely use ACC mode anyway. No tunes (yet)

Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
doshi
Advanced

O9 Ultra with BAL and the rest is the standard lighting the bike came with. When acc is on there are no lights on. Can the turns be used as brake, running and turn or as just running and turn? If so, try the other option and let us know the result.

Quick Reply: Rear HD LED Turn Signal Install