Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley XM Radio add on

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
jjlefty51
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it on mine but I find that the sound is not a clear as I get from my MP3s playing through my Zumo.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

let us know what you decide....i see no one mentioned the wiring harness you need as well. the cost depends on what model you have now.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered it online last night from Chicago HD. I love having the radio but I get frustrated using my ipod and changing cds. I love sat radio in my car and online. I already bought a nonultra harness from a member here for $70 and I got the XM from chicago for $399.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:52 AM
merlin41
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is also an antenna bracket you will need in addition to the radio and the harness. If you are mounting the antenna somewhere outside the fairing - disregard this message.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
LUBA
Cruiser

Has Harley changed anything with their XM add-on recently? I have an 08 SG and was going to buy it last year but I heard XM and Sirius were merging and that would affect their programing somehow. I thought they were going to make new Harley XM/Sirious add-ons that would play both so I waited. Anyone here about this? How much does the programing cost? Also can you get it in your house with the same subscription?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:06 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJIM1158
My dealer tells me I can add on a XM radio kit that uses my factory radio and controls that gives a much cleaner look than putting another unit on my bars.
Big Dollars about 500. Does anyone have this set up ?? If so, what do u think of it and how well or not does it work. I thank you all in advance for your replies and advice.
Do a search on Ebay for "Harley XM" and you're usually find one or more up for auction. You should be able to do much better that MSRP there, and if you must buy new you can get one at Chicago HD for $400. Be advised that you'll also probably need to buy a harness, and the one for my bike is $125 MSRP. I don't need satellite radio that much and instead listen to MP3's on the Zumo or from the HK on CD's.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
merlin41
Tourer

XM and Sirius have merged and there are now options for subscriptions - I could get "best of Sirius" for my XM as an option. You cannot share a subscription with any other radio once you put the HD specific radio on your bike. The only way would be use a radio that you could move from bike to house since the subscription is for a specific radio ID number. Seems to me the subscription cost is $14.95 per month for the first radio. I like XM and put the HD kit on about a month ago - took about an hour - mostly tryng to get the outer fairing lined back up.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:01 PM
LUBA
Cruiser

Originally Posted by merlin41
XM and Sirius have merged and there are now options for subscriptions - I could get "best of Sirius" for my XM as an option. You cannot share a subscription with any other radio once you put the HD specific radio on your bike. The only way would be use a radio that you could move from bike to house since the subscription is for a specific radio ID number. Seems to me the subscription cost is $14.95 per month for the first radio. I like XM and put the HD kit on about a month ago - took about an hour - mostly tryng to get the outer fairing lined back up.
So Harley didn't have to change anything with their XM add-on module itself? I was under the impression that a new hardware would be coming out to replace it? Did you get a 3 month subscription free with your purchase? According to the harley book it says for a limited time you get the first 3 months free.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
merlin41
Tourer

I got 3 "free" months with a subscription of more than a year. If less than a year it is less than 3 months. I ordered the same part number that has been listed in HD catalog for quite a while. I didn't see any indication that HD had changed any hardware.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the Ant bracket/ Chicago HD says everything i ordered is special order. So who knows when it will get here. BTW here is a file with everything you need to know about XM.
www.mike5959.com/Harley/HDXM.zip

Quick Reply: Harley XM Radio add on