Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:57 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine told me to look for all Tour bikes to be offered with liquid cooling also.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 AM
saw*me
Tourer

And there chaining to a new special Dyno/ Synthetic blend oil with a suspension additive to help with cooling and stability on long sweeping left turns.

Tom

Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I just added a King Ultra Tour pack to my Roadie yesterday afternoon. I'm making my own "Ultra" Road Glide. That'll save me the pain and frustrations of "wanting" to trade her in after only one year. Road Glides don't sell because dealers don't stock any. Dealers around me rarely have a Road Glide on their floor and when I bought mine, there was none at the dealership then either. They are Harley's best kept secret and we owners like it that way.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 AM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Road Glides don't sell because only a small percentage of people have the ability to resist the urge to be just like everyone else. I heard they did a study and found that RG owners scored on average 40 points higher on standard IQ tests. And women were 50% more likely to find them attractive.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gary_montague
Road Glides don't sell because only a small percentage of people have the ability to resist the urge to be just like everyone else. I heard they did a study and found that RG owners scored on average 40 points higher on standard IQ tests. And women were 50% more likely to find them attractive.

You say that jokingly I know but you are partially 'spot on" in you comments. The "Bat Wing" becons buyers to "join the crowd" buy a harley and look like all the (so called) cool Harley riders out there. It's a "me too" type of purchase most times and it takes a certain mentality to buck the trend, not be a sheep and follow your own instincts to set yourself apart from the crowd. I love my Road Glide and I have the ONLY one in my HOG Chapter and that I am proud of. It's not for "everybody" and we owners like it that way. Certainly we are in the minority and subject to joke and ridicule by the sheep and the overwhelming herd of "bats" and that's fine, because they don't know the truth and they are not capable of seeing the light. The FLTR is Harley's BEST kept secret and the finest touring bike in their line up.. I can understand HD's decision to make it the ultimate touring bike ever, far superior to any Ultra.

OK, time for 99 jokes about them now.......

Last edited by RODEO; 03-29-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 AM
hogrider98
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

owning a road glide is like being married to an ugly woman.
everybody is polite when you showup together. but no one says can I go for a ride.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saw*me
And there chaining to a new special Dyno/ Synthetic blend oil with a suspension additive to help with cooling and stability on long sweeping left turns.

Tom
Gonna work on the right turns in 2012?........

Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gary_montague
You're on the right track with that study, but your statistics are on the low side.........

Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are we going to add the 2010 new water cooled engine to this debate?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The HD Road Glide rocks.

There are several in my local HOG chapter, my dealer can't keep enough in stock.

My first touring motorcycle was a Honda GL500 Silverwing. The idea of fixed fairings was relatively new then. I've ridden a bunch of bikes since then, and I like HD, especially the RG.

The batwing bikes are cool too, but I just felt crowded by all of that dashboard that seemed to be in my face. I feel that the RG gives me better forward visibility and the fixed fairing helps keep weight off the forks and the bike feels more stable in high winds.

I like all HDs, just prefer the RG.

I seriously doubt that MoCo is going to stop making the bike. It's a money maker for them. Think of it this way: most RG owners are going to add docking kits for sissy bars, new tour paks, fairing lowers, new seats and backrests etc. to "complete the bike" for real touring. HD makes alot of cash on these upgrades that just about every RG owner I know does.

Again, to each thier own.

Happy Sunday

Just sayin'

Quick Reply: Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued