Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scott Ezzell"s amp bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
nivensid
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Ezzell"s amp bracket

I just received the bracket to mount the PBR 300 x 4 amp above the HK head unit and relocate the CB under the unit on my Limited. No instructions included, probably simple to install if I were in front of the bike with the fairing off.
Anyone have a pic of the installation and or tips to install? It will be a few days before I can get to it. Sure would like to see a pic so I can concentrate about my job at work and not the bike.
Scott was a pleasure to do business with and shipped the same day....
Thanks

Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Super easy

I am far from a brain surgeon and I was in the same shoes, till I got in there and looked. Works slick, just take out existing CB and if ya have the module on there, that too. Nothing goes on the sides as far as i can remember, uses the factory rubber bushings that the bracket slides into and the screws that used to hold the stuff you just removed to the back of the radio housing now hold the bracket in place. Will make all sorts of sense when ya get in there. Sorry no picture, maybe Carl (Harleypingman) will chime in. Pay attention to the routing of your large wire looms and where what runs to get it all lined back up when you are putting it back together and prettying it up. Don't be afraid (within reason) to pull and push on the wire runs in there to get it all back together. His bracket is awesome, but you are adding stuff to an already pretty busy or congested area. Take your time and you will have no issues at all, and I second that, Scott is great to work with. Hope this helps and if ya have a question give Scott a call or PM me and I can help too. Lots of good people around here, great forum.
Kris

Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
nivensid
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
I am far from a brain surgeon and I was in the same shoes, till I got in there and looked. Works slick, just take out existing CB and if ya have the module on there, that too. Nothing goes on the sides as far as i can remember, uses the factory rubber bushings that the bracket slides into and the screws that used to hold the stuff you just removed to the back of the radio housing now hold the bracket in place. Will make all sorts of sense when ya get in there. Sorry no picture, maybe Carl (Harleypingman) will chime in. Pay attention to the routing of your large wire looms and where what runs to get it all lined back up when you are putting it back together and prettying it up. Don't be afraid (within reason) to pull and push on the wire runs in there to get it all back together. His bracket is awesome, but you are adding stuff to an already pretty busy or congested area. Take your time and you will have no issues at all, and I second that, Scott is great to work with. Hope this helps and if ya have a question give Scott a call or PM me and I can help too. Lots of good people around here, great forum.
Kris
Thanks Kris, looks like I will wait for the weekend without a pic. Sometimes I over think things. When I get started should have no problems to figure it out.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kris I just got this bracket too and will be mounting the Rockford Fosgate pbr 300x2 to it. I will also be using J&M rokker speakers with the J&M foam insulation stuck to the inner side of the fairing.
Will it all fit back together with the insulation installed considering I have to mount the amp to the top of the bracket?? seems like the amp will be mounted HIGH inside the fairing??
I am guessing that I will not be able to use the foam from J&M with this mount...?? concerned that the amp will touch the inner side of the plastic fairing and even worse it wont go back together with the insulation installed - maybe just too tight??
thanks in advance for any input.
cheers, Chris

Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
scootinz
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone know if you mount the Iron Cross IPOD interface and make a fill for the other half of the HK to level it off it the RF 300x2 or 300x4 will fit on top still? I'm concerned about heat that these amps put out this close to the fairing. (paint) Most likely will be tossing a 12v fan to move some air but want to know if that will all fit in the fairing on top of the HK.

Thanks