Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Road Glide as of 2010 models

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No more Road Glide as of 2010 models

Evening all,
Have you ever been at the wrong place at the right time and wind up being glad you did? I heard talk a short while back about Harley discontinuing the Road Glide as of the 2010 model. The other day I was getting my bike serviced and told the guys I'd come back in a while. Shortly after, I realized I wanted to hand them some paperwork, but before I made it past the wall to the counter, I dropped the paperwork on the floor just as one of the service guys says to his co-worker "oh, here's that bulletin we're supposed to read about 2009 being the last year for the Road Glide". As I stand up, I tell one guy that I had heard the same thing. He merely smiled and said he doesn't look forward to bikes being at the dealership after it becomes public because they were always a hard sell compared to the batwing bikes anyway.
Though many may not like the looks, just from a riding perspective, they are a nicer riding bike. How many other have heard of the Road Glide going the way of the Duece? Already have a batwing bike, maybe I could get a really good deal!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

really? no more roadglide?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

yeah, that's what I've been getting confirmation on recently. In fact when I spoke to a salesman about considering the purchase of one, I mentioned my concern about buying a new but-soon-to-be-no-more model. Even his response added to the "yes it's true factor". He quickly said "but it would still be a great bike since it's bascially the same as the rest of the touring models, very quickly followed by "I've heard people talk bbut I haven't seen anything for sure yet". Yeah right, the sales people need to know ahead of time so they can work on moving the stagnant units from stock.
I've grown to like the bike to the point of wanting to add one to my stable. It is far more stable on the road. Way less buffeting even when you put that tiny *** CVO windshield on it. Surprisingly so. It also moves around on the road coniderably less. Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll learn if he really wants to make that sale. If/when I learn anything more, I will post immediately.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Da Butcher, look around, there are plenty of post already telling of the demise of the RG and several other bikes. No need to check further, we already know.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:29 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll bet a dollar to a donut, their will be another bike with that fairing.....Rode Ultra, Street Rode, Road Classic....something.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I think Harley has too many models anyway,they should put more of the popular features on one bike and see how that goes.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
frydaddy96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MoCo should just let the buyer order the bike they want. Since the tour models are on the same frame, let the buyer order the style they want. Not sure what it takes to change models on the assembly line or maybe rework the line so that any tour bike could be built at any time. From what I've read they all have the same wireing and whatnot, so just build them up to the point of the front end and then go from there.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

They are not going to do away with that fairing completely. There are just too many customers that like them. The bike may look a bit different or be called something different but the frame mounted fairing isn't dead.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chill out. They are discontinuing the RG but they are going to replace it with a model that resembles a RG in the front and SG in the rear. To the best of my knowledge, that means it will have the profile low rear suspension and rear fender facia/light. Other than that will be similar to the existing RG. Other models on the chopping block 883C, FLHT, Thank god the Rocker (not the C) RG, NightTrain and the Low Rider.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

they need something the replace the rg or people will go to the gold wing

hell i might get one if they dont come out with something-ride safe

Quick Reply: No more Road Glide as of 2010 models