Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have this problem with the Road 6 Customs lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Blue Line
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone advise how low can I go before the fram scrapes bottom over speed bumps? Also @road6customs do you make lift kits for the front? I have a 2013 Road King (FLHR).

Thanks

Old 10-31-2013, 07:50 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I seem to have plenty of clearance with the Burley 1" block.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I have 26000 miles on my 13" RK shocks and it will pop a hole in the rubber boot but it won't hit the shock. No big deal to me, and have never had any other problems with them.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Blackstar
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
I seem to have plenty of clearance with the Burley 1" block.
How ya doin? New to the forum. Member of a couple others. First of all I realize this is an old thread but it deals with my problem. I found this forum by looking for answers to questions about Burly 1" lowering blocks. I got a '93 Electra Glide with original air shocks and just bough a Burly lowering block kit.

I installed on the weekend just to make sure everything was going to fit ok. Haven't had the bike out yet this year (Nova Scotia winters... go figure ) Anyway, the supplied 1/2"X1" bolts to secure the block to the original lower shock mount is pressed well into the rubber boot of the shock.

I just received an e-mail from Burly asking for a pic of the problem I have. Stupidly, I didn't think of pics until after I removed the blocks... hence, finding this forum.

Do you have a pic of your install/ Do you get any rubbing on the shocks?

Thanks

Glenn

Old 03-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Shawn Jacobs
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy king owner

Originally Posted by Road6Customs
We have litterally sold THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of these kits. Its normal for the boot to rub, there is no way really around that, but for it to tear is something else. My personal bike is an 09 Road Glide with a little over 12,000 miles on the lowering kit, set in the second (2" setting) no holes in the boots, never bottoms out, and my wiring harness is fine. If your having problems bottoming out, adjust the air pressure in your shocks. I run about 30psi in mine, and with the increased angle of the shocks it rides about like it did stock. We can ride 2 up with loaded bags no problem.

As for you Russ... I've offered every imaginable solution to help you out including a refund, ording you a kit from another manufacturer for you to try at my expense, AND even offered to get you a set of low profile shocks at dealer pricing. I dont really know what else I could have done. I try to respond to all of my emails every day but sometimes there are too many questions to get through. You have my number, i've talked to you on the phone more than once. You could have just called.

There is no reason why these kits should ever cause an issue. As mentioned THOUSANDS of these have been sold and I have personally installed countless sets of them and many of the guys we ride with have them with zero issues. CONTACT US for help if your having a problem, we want our parts to work on your bike!

If for some reason you cant reach us by email, we have a phone number. We are open from 9 to 6 Central Standard time Monday through Friday and open Saturday mornings. 402-759-4816
  1. I have an 02 roadking. I thought it would be nice to get the bikeys to set a little lower. But as the gentleman above mentioned there is no way to keep the shock boot's from rubbing. My boots tore with in 5min. Of riding. I don't see how and the hell you have 12k on your kit I say bullshit.