Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Alarm Yelp

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
OD_Cleaver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb OEM Alarm Yelp

I picked up a number of good hint/tips from the forum. I would like to pass one along.

I have the HD alarm system on my ’08 Electra Glide. For no reason that I could discover the alarm would sometimes give one sharp warning yelp at start up or when the bike was up righted off the kick stand. After the yelp, the bike would start up as usual.

I tried the usual suggestions; wear the key fob on the left side, cell phone on the right, cell phone off, cell phone at home, install fresh fob battery (twice), used the second fob, start the bike up 5 miles from anything electrical. Nothing made a difference. I took the bike back to the dealer and they determined that one of my key fobs was off by one digit. This didn’t fix the problem. My results were the same.

This spring I noticed that the last 8” or so of the alarm antenna wire (dealer installed) was held straight by a piece of Velcro tape. The wire in front of that section was wrapped on itself and held in place by a zip tie. I unwrapped the antenna wire and zip tied it so that as much of this wire was as straight as possible.

This has completely fixed my problem or reduced it enough to be of no concern.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll have to check mine. My 08 EG does the same thing from time to time.