Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need info on injection please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:56 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info on injection please help

My bike will take idle fits where it will idle around 1700 then around 800 and just die. i have read about the 25* injectors and my local harley dealer acts like i am talking in jap. also my front brakes squeal awful badly... but most important i need some info on the idle problem i aint having a 25000 dollar stereo SITTING in my garage. is there any way i can get a copy of the bulliten?

Lee

Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Default RE: need info on injection please help

Post an e-mail addy and I will send it to you.

Bob

Old 05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copy in TECH TIPS. If your bike has been altered from stock get a PCIII and get it to a pro dyno tuner. I have the stock "8" injectors with excellent performance/fuel economy (6000 miles to date). No reason for me to switch to the CVO injectors. Go with floating rotors.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just drop the bike back to the dealership and say fix this F'in bike[:@]

Old 05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Boof
Intermediate

Try to hang in there. First year of the model, and there are glitches, but it's a groovy bike. Mine came with the 25-degree injectors, and ran fine (if very lean/hot). Once you get it settled with the injectors--which seem to be better in every case--you might look into a Dobeck/Techlusion TFI unit. I recently posted about how much it helped with the lean thing. As for the brake squeal, I did the floating rotors and it's completely gone.

I know Harley is perhaps the only company in the world with customers who'll put up with this kind of thing. Can't imagine having as many ticks with a new car. Still, once you get 'em dialed in, they're the best thing going. Wouldn't swap my SG for the best, most expensive metric out there.

Russ

Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser

im gonna hang in there but i don't appreciate them acting like its my fault the bike is running poorly... about the PCIII my bike is under 5 year warranty and i don't wanna mess that up. but i will ask... renegade i can be got at Streetgliderx@netzero.com.

thanks for your time fellas

Old 05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I just sent it to you bud.

Bob

ORIGINAL: SxysCowboy

im gonna hang in there but i don't appreciate them acting like its my fault the bike is running poorly... about the PCIII my bike is under 5 year warranty and i don't wanna mess that up. but i will ask... renegade i can be got at Streetgliderx@netzero.com.

thanks for your time fellas

Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hhlair1/M1185.pdf go there and print it out and take it to your dealer....say here it is in ENGLISH lol

Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser

thanks i really appricieate it

Old 05-16-2006, 10:07 PM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts

Same problem here. Bike ran terrible (from day one bone stock) and the dealer treated me like they did'nt give a crap. I called Harley customer service and got the "all dealers are independent dealers and we can't tell them to fix it" bit.
I installed a PC111 and it now runs like a new bike should (with the 8 degree injectors). It's a shame that Harley is putting us through this! I remember a day when the customer was appreciated.

By the way, I bought the extended warranty..........good thing is, I can have the PC111 off of the bike in about 3 minutes if I need the warranty, but if Harley is not willing to fix it with 400 miles on it, I don't see them fixing it down the road. Think they will refund my money on the warranty if I asked?

Quick Reply: need info on injection please help