Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

johnny vaughn and wild 1, yay capitolism!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Iamopie2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default johnny vaughn and wild 1, yay capitolism!

I have an 08 RKC w/ ABS and wanted beach bars. After much research i decided on the WO550 and extended cables from johnny vaughn.

I was still not quite postive that everything would work when i decided to pull the trigger but after talking to both companies I was sold!

i know that you can get the bars for about 20 bucks cheaper than direct from wild 1 but the help they gave me more than sold me. I would highly recommend them.

I ordered my braided cables from johnny vaughn and not only was i confident they would give me what i need, they actually called me with a correction to my order to make sure i had everything that i needed, top quality.

So this is my capitolism at work thread. Great customer service and product deserves recognition. Now the hard part, waiting for everything to come in so i can get it put on!!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 AM
onadraw
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a good experience also. I decided to go with the W0508 Road King bars and Johnny Vaughn helped me get the correct Brake lines, wire extensions, and Clutch cable for the install. Also, I entered my order online and had purchased something that wasn't needed. Johnny called me to explain what I didn't need and refunded the extra expense.

Shipping was quick and I would recommend to anyone wanting to change bars.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 AM
gabulldog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is Johnny Vaughn? I need to order "braided" cables for my bike (using WO575's). I am also changing to a 21 with one (1) 13" rotor and 6 piston HHI caliper and a 9/16 master cylinder. It would be nice to have someone figure all of this out without having a bunch of extra cable inside the fairing like I hear some guys end up with.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 AM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

Johnny is the hook-up for bars/cables. He owns: www.HDbikeparts.com

Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 AM
soon to be
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G$
Johnny is the hook-up for bars/cables. He owns: www.HDbikeparts.com
agree....johnny vaughn is the place to go for cables....great customer service!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 AM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

another +1 for Johnny. I just did 14" apes on my Street Glide and this guy got me set up nicely. He emailed me minutes after I placed my order online to tell me that it was shipping the same day. I couldn't be happier.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

When I put my apes on, I went with Johnny. In the beginning, he sent me the wrong idle cable. After it took awhile to convince him of that, he had me send the incorrect part back. He wouldn't send the right one to me until he had the incorrect one safely in his possession. Matter of fact, I don't think he even ordered the right cable until he had the wrong one back. Held up my installation half a month. I wasn't real impressed.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
wild1hd
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Wrong Cable

Originally Posted by max56
When I put my apes on, I went with Johnny. In the beginning, he sent me the wrong idle cable. After it took awhile to convince him of that, he had me send the incorrect part back. He wouldn't send the right one to me until he had the incorrect one safely in his possession. Matter of fact, I don't think he even ordered the right cable until he had the wrong one back. Held up my installation half a month. I wasn't real impressed.
I am usually very good to customers. When you ordered the cable kit you did not specify it had cruise control. As soon as I knew you were sending the non cruise cable back I ordered the right one from Barnett. It was custom so it took 1 week for me to receive it and then I sent it directly to you.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He has lots of information on his site. That is where I ordered my 575's and got them quickly. Getting ready to order the same for my brothers bike soon.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

The waiting is the hardest part.

Quick Reply: johnny vaughn and wild 1, yay capitolism!