Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Cooler Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

I have a few old soft water proof lunch bags leftover from when I use to work, they work
as a saddle bag cooler. I put those blue ice things in and a few waters, or Beers, or what
ever. The "waters" stay cool a few hours until I need them. The largest one can hold 6 of,
what ever, that one I use on long trips with ice packed in it. I got the smaller one I got
at Walgreens, and the larger one my Wife gave me, it's takes up half the Saddle Bag.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,290 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by Twincruiser
I use a cheap Wally World six pack cooler, the kind with the plastic container inside the soft sided insulated cover. No where for the condensate/melted ice to go, it's contained within the plastic insert (unless you turn it upside down).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...ooler/23467711

We have a couple, one for beer another for the sandwiches.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:22 AM
ngshop
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I know you inquired about saddlebag cooler but... This is what I used for a coast to coast to coast trip last year during hot weather. Cooler would hold 5 one liter bottles of water. I bought a "cat" bed to sit the cooler on to prevent scratches on the seat. Worked great for 22 days and 8,350 miles.

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Cooler Recommendations-ready-for-west-coast-5.jpg  
Old 08-22-2015, 07:11 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by show-n-go
Has anyone tried a Yeti cooler in the bags?
Not yet but I will. But my Hopper30 looks like it would take up the whole bag.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Now that I have a sissy bar and luggage rack I can bungie my cooler there. I tried using my bags but with vance and hines dual exhaust both saddle bags (leather) get quite warm.
I have two small soft coolers. Ones a bit bigger than the other and has a hard plastic liner. I put a thin reusable ice pack (Dollar General for a buck) at the bottom, add pops/water then another thin ice pack and top with a tupperware ice pack. Put my cigars/sandwitch on top.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:01 AM
MattG1329
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley insulated cooler bag that is shaped to fit perfectly in one of the bags. I use it quite often and really like it. I use about 4 of them freezable icepak's in it and I can still fit about 8-10 drinks in it with no problem. I find they stay cool for 12+ hours too usually. The bag isn't cheap but I am glad I made the investment.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

AO coolers has one that is angled to fit the hard bags. Not cheap but our's seems to work great. We have a few sizes/styles for other uses, some have leaked/seeped but just moist on the bottom of bag not water everywhere. They are warrantied for life

Old 08-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Trk-35
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use a Slant Softcooler from SoftCooler.com. I put a 12 pack of "Kool-aid" in it, along with ice, and cruise up to Bike Nights at the Harley Museum. I never get water in the saddlebag, and my "Kool-aid" always stays cold. I seem to always run out of "Kool-aid" before the ice melts. I highly recommend the Slant Softcooler from SoftCooler.com!!

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (11-30-2022)
Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM
stevemucha1
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman812
AO coolers has one that is angled to fit the hard bags. Not cheap but our's seems to work great. We have a few sizes/styles for other uses, some have leaked/seeped but just moist on the bottom of bag not water everywhere. They are warrantied for life

This. The AO cooler holds 15 cans and a bunch of ice. It fits perfectly in the hard saddlebags and holds ice all day. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Got mine on Amazon. Type in AO motorcycle cooler.

Rollbar (11-30-2022)
Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I use a cheap-o soft cooler. If I fill it with ice I will leak, haven't found a soft one yet tat doesn't leak. I freeze 4 bottles of water and it works well keeping stuff cool all day. If I have lots of stuff, I use more frozen bottles.

No more wet bags or tour pak

Goose_NC (01-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Cooler Recommendations