Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Pricing 09 RKC For Sale - Sad But True

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Pricing 09 RKC For Sale - Sad But True

Hi all... I have the business opportunity of a lifetime, and I need any / all cash I can get my hands on to go into it full bore (the fruits should generate more bikes on the other side)... I want to put a fair price on the bike, and need your help as to what is reasonable. I checked KBB for the retail of the bike in stock condition, but there is A LOT more that I put into it... here are the specs:

2009 Road King Classic
Pewter Pearl
2500 Miles
Indoor Winter Storage
Hard Plastic & Soft Leather Bags
Chrome Lace Wheels
5 Year Warranty w/ Wheel Replacement
Lojack (high level w/ $5000.00 replacement)
Cruise Control
ABS
SERT / SE Air Cleaner / Dyno Tuned
Monster Ovals
HD Oil Cooler
Clearview Windscreen w/ Recurve
Headlight / Lamp / Blinker Trim Rings
Hard Lower Fairings w/ Vents
HD Horn (LOUD)
Back Off Tail Light Modulator
Chrome Tail Light Housing w/ Red LED Lights
Wild One 513's 8.5" Chubby Mini-Apes w/ Extended Internal Wiring
Leather Removable / Lockable Tour Pack
Sundowner Seat w/ MCC Double Decker Foam
Adjustable Riders Back Rest
Classic Grips, Pedals, Floor Boards
Highway Pegs
Passenger Hand Rail
Chrome Classic Passenger Floor Board Covers
EZ Up Center Stand
12V Socket In Left Panel
Amsoil At 1000 Mile Tune Up
Other goodies

EXCELLENT CONDITION

Let me know what you think... and thank you!

Andrew

Last edited by RoadKingKamchi; 07-10-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice bike and accesories but unfortunatley the accesories don't count for much when selling especially when trading in although I realize you are selling outright. you may be better off selling the accesories on ebay to recoup some of that cash so you will be able to sell the bike at a reasonable price. Maybe high 16's or at most low 17's.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

msrp is 19 so knock off at least 2500 when the 10's come out in 2 weeks, puts a brand new 09 at 16,500, no taxes with the goverment stimulus deal on new bikes. so you be the judge of what you as a buyer would do. weak economy makes it even worse. plus dealers take trades and offer financing. nice bike..best bet is to keep it if you can. good luck

Last edited by leohd; 07-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Nice bike and accesories but unfortunatley the accesories don't count for much when selling especially when trading in although I realize you are selling outright. you may be better off selling the accesories on ebay to recoup some of that cash so you will be able to sell the bike at a reasonable price. Maybe high 16's or at most low 17's.
Youch... looks like she might be staying with me through this... thanks... anyone else?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with the $16ish range. It's probably "worth" more but you're going to face stiff competition from dealers trying to move their '09 stock.

Sammi

Last edited by Sammi; 07-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

With the economy lacking and the 2010's coming out it will be tough to get a good value for your bike. Put it online at one of the free sites and when the right person comes along they may give you what your looking for. When I decided I wanted something new, I put mine online and left it there for a few months. Someone snagged it for well over retail value -- but it was exactly what they wanted. In the end we both were happy.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Originally Posted by tibadoe
With the economy lacking and the 2010's coming out it will be tough to get a good value for your bike. Put it online at one of the free sites and when the right person comes along they may give you what your looking for. When I decided I wanted something new, I put mine online and left it there for a few months. Someone snagged it for well over retail value -- but it was exactly what they wanted. In the end we both were happy.
Excellent, Joe... thank you for that. I love this bike, and won't part with it easily... so perhaps the free sites will work, such as this one. Any other thoughts / ideas with regards to which site to use? I know not to use Craigslist...

Old 07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why wouldn't you use Craigslist? Anybody with a shred of common sense knows how to spot the scammers on there so they're easily avoidable. I've sold several vehicles there and have never had a problem. It gets more visibility than any other place to sell and it's free. Can't beat it.

Originally Posted by RoadKingKamchi
Excellent, Joe... thank you for that. I love this bike, and won't part with it easily... so perhaps the free sites will work, such as this one. Any other thoughts / ideas with regards to which site to use? I know not to use Craigslist...

Old 07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
ivel_86
Tourer

KEEP IT!! I think you would be happier in the long run if you kept it. If you think it would be hard to seperate from it than dont. I made the mistake of seeling my bike for a Chick wrong thing to do. She let and I had no bike to ride off into the sunset with LOL

Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

NOTHING wrong with Craigslist..RULE # 1 Dont give your phone number!!!! RULE # 2 Dont give your E-MAIL!!!!! Let perspective buyers contact you thru Craigslist with there phone number!!! Ask in your add for them to leave NAME,NUMBER and good time to reach!!!! If they dont do all 3 then move on!!!! If they are interested they WILL do all 3..... TRUST me i use it alot!!! ITS FREE...Cant beat it!!!!....PM Me if you have any questions.... R.W.
P.S. Bought my current 04 flht on C-list for a GREAT deal!!!!! Glad i found it(Craiglist)!!!!!...And remember most folks are local...So not alot of out of state BS......

Last edited by riteway; 07-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help Pricing 09 RKC For Sale - Sad But True