Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "

got a question. I installed a set of D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 big bore with the quiet baffles, the torque is great , but there's nothing quiet about these pipes. In fact when i'm runing highway speeds it's nerveracking.

does anyone have any experience with the "louvered Baffles " D&D sells ? I really like my pipes but not the sound so I figured with different baffles I could give up a little top end for better torque and get a quiter sound.

Thanks for the help

Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The louvered baffles are the regular baffles, they are available in standard or quiet. Standard has a louvered core with a solid outer can. Quiet has a louvered core with a perforated outer can with packing wrapped around it.

Steve

Old 08-04-2009, 10:59 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

I have the quite baffles with wrapping around them, but theres nothing quiet about it. the louvered baffles should slow the flow down a bit and you say their wrapped also. I wonder what they sound like ?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm gonna keep coming back to this thread, i'm interested in the d&d fatcat 2 into 1 system, and would like to know everything i can before buying. i'd rather buy after knowing the facts, as i can't afford to experiment.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

The quiet is not so quiet...but it does sound great.. get earplugs for the highway

Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 AM
mhud
Road Captain

I have the Fatcats with the quiet baffle. On a long ride I use earplugs. I don't think they are as loud as Reinhardts and many other pipes but they sure aren't quiet, particularly above 3000 RPM.

Attached Thumbnails D&D Fatcat  "Louvered Baffles "-100_1300.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 AM
hoz88
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking to change my pipes out. I have the Fat Cat with the quiet baffel and it is stupid loud at interstate speed. The pipe sounds great (one friend said it sounds pissed off) but I just don't want to wear earplugs on long trips.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
I installed a set of D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 big bore with the quiet baffles,
Do you have the Big Bore quiet baffle?

If you look into the rear of your muffler into the baffle, is it a perforated core?

That is why your "quiet" baffle isn't so quiet. The Big Bore baffles are different from the louvered to allow more flow, and therefore are going to be louder.

If you switch over to a regular quiet baffle I think you'll be happy with the sound and noise level.

Steve

Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Here is some info D&D sent me last week in regards to different baffles -

The standerd Louvered (looks like a cheese grader inside) is 23 5/16

The standerd Louvered Quiet or wrapped (looks like a cheese grader inside) is 23 5/16.

Louvered baffle is for 80" to 103" motors

The Big Boar baffle (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) New one is 23 5/16

The Big Boar baffle Quiet or wrapped (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) New one is 23 5/16

The Big Boar baffle (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) Old one is 16 1/2 plus it has a 6 1/4 tapered snot.

The Big Boar baffle Quiet or wrapped (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) Old one is 16 1/2 puls it has a 6 1/4 tapered snot.

Big Boar baffle is for 107" to 113" motors

This info is in regards to the regular Fatcat exhaust, not the Boarzilla exhaust which has larger diameter headpipes and larger collector.

Steve

Last edited by maineultraclassic; 08-05-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
Here is some info D&D sent me last week in regards to different baffles -

The standerd Louvered (looks like a cheese grader inside) is 23 5/16

The standerd Louvered Quiet or wrapped (looks like a cheese grader inside) is 23 5/16.

Louvered baffle is for 80" to 103" motors

The Big Boar baffle (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) New one is 23 5/16

The Big Boar baffle Quiet or wrapped (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) New one is 23 5/16

The Big Boar baffle (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) Old one is 16 1/2 plus it has a 6 1/4 tapered snot.

The Big Boar baffle Quiet or wrapped (looks like a tube with holes driled in it) Old one is 16 1/2 puls it has a 6 1/4 tapered snot.

Big Boar baffle is for 107" to 113" motors

This info is in regards to the regular Fatcat exhaust, not the Boarzilla exhaust which has larger diameter headpipes and larger collector.

Steve
What he said above. I have the D&D Fatcat with quiet baffle and I have the standard baffle too. The pipes that are for the 103 and below with a standard baffle is just to freaking quiet, the standard baffle has more sound but is still not very loud at all. The standard baffle does not have the crisp crack of the throttle sound to it, but does have some sound to it. I hope that this info helps to clear some things up around the D&D Fatcat for motors 103 and down.

--> The standerd Louvered Quiet or wrapped (looks like a cheese grader inside) is 23 5/16. Louvered baffle is for 80" to 103" motors

I run a 103 that puts out 115TQ, and 110HP, my pipes are not loud to me. These are quieter then when I ran my Hard Krome 3" true duals before the 103 build.

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat "Louvered Baffles "