Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best amp for the money!!!! (49.00)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:35 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect the other poster is right about these amps -- you get what you pay for. Still, if this amp IS any good, it can be had even cheaper at Sonic Electronix

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i am really happy with my hog tunes tweeter pod. they look like what harley should have made for the fairing, and gives the stock system a huge improvement. i would not even consider taking the time to install something that is an inferior product. why cheap out on the tunes? it's about a 20 thousand dollar motorcycle, and you are using a 50 dollar amp? i must be missing something. but your bike, do what you want with it.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

seriously...most things that come across this forum that have no merit usually gets mentally dumped in a hurry. but this....

don't be a d*ck weed. pez is an upstanding guy, puts out great stuff, and will go out of his way to help out in any way possible. and for the record, i don't care how cheap they are, who makes them, or where you mount them, it will look like something you just pasted to the inside of your fairing. no where near the appeal of the hog pods.

if you got an axe to grind, take it somewhere else

Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
limj23
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fatguyona1000
You're missing the point, or atleast the advantage, of the Hogpod. With the tweeters directly beneath the windshield, the majority of the highs stay in the windpath of the rider therefore they are louder. Any highend components/amp combination are going to lose most of there volume in the wind coming over the edge of the batwings.

You can still go the cheap way and buy some tweeters and mount them directly below your windshield, but I don't think it would look as nice.

And Pez isn't a miracle worker, he's just a fair guy (and a really good person to do business with) that offers some better than stock speakers/amp at a fair price and an excellent Hogpod at a FAIR price.

Fatguy
Yo fatguy what im trying to tell you folks is that for 150 bucks you could replace your stock 5.25's with some real "component sets" that include the friggen separate tweets that you can mount higher just like the tweeter pod from hog tunes and get the qaulity 5.25 mids for free. Do you guys not realize that the bulk of the money for the tweeter pod is for the molded housing cost and not the actual tweeter???? the tweeter is probally a few bucks at the most seriously. this is my buddies bike and he did the same setup but we opted for the 6.5 inch ring adapters so we could go with larger mids.

Attached Thumbnails Best amp for the money!!!! (49.00)-installed-tweeter.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmm... here's a guy with 26 posts making a HUGE push for a product. Think he might have a stake in it?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by limj23
Yo fatguy what im trying to tell you folks is that for 150 bucks you could replace your stock 5.25's with some real "component sets" that include the friggen separate tweets that you can mount higher just like the tweeter pod from hog tunes and get the qaulity 5.25 mids for free. Do you guys not realize that the bulk of the money for the tweeter pod is for the molded housing cost and not the actual tweeter???? the tweeter is probally a few bucks at the most seriously. this is my buddies bike and he did the same setup but we opted for the 6.5 inch ring adapters so we could go with larger mids.

I don't have the Hog Pod so I don't really have a dog in this fight other than to say that tweeter in your pic looks hacked. I wouldn't put it on my bike. Your mileage may vary.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
GM-4-LIFE
Advanced

I agree 100%. You do get what you pay for. I have the full Hogtunes setup, speaker/amp and tweeter pod and the sound is simply amazing.

I wouldn't go any other way and I didn't spend as much as others either.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 PM
shaneballance
Intermediate
Default More money then brains

You think just because it cost more it's better? Someone ask for a good cheap amp,and ya think saying 9,000,000 amp is best.lol funny...that why I said more money then brains...cheap amp is just as good as a 900 one..even if you have to replace it every year,you still come out cheap

Old 05-18-2018, 06:25 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Old thread, but I have been wanting an amp. Sure you get what you pay for often. But if the price is to high you don't buy. I have been thinkig about hogtunes amp, but its $400. I bought the hogtune speakes cause everyone talked up, now they talk up something else, and eventually something else again.

For me 2-300 is a more causual purchase. $400 for me talks longer to hee and haw over. But everyone is different.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:54 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,409 Likes on 4,015 Posts

Originally Posted by shaneballance
You think just because it cost more it's better? Someone ask for a good cheap amp,and ya think saying 9,000,000 amp is best.lol funny...that why I said more money then brains...cheap amp is just as good as a 900 one..even if you have to replace it every year,you still come out cheap
I used to work in a stereo shop in the mid 70's. The quality of any stereo component is apparent in the sound, longevity, and price.... nothing has changed...

Obviously the most expensive of anything isn't always the best. Different price points deliver different levels of quality. It always pays to compare apples to apples when shopping... To truly compare two stereo components, you have to compare performance specs, warranty coverage (reflection of longevity), and even the quality of the the build components.... not just the price .... It is rare that an item from a lower price point is better than a comparable item in a higher price point.... it happens, but infrequently...

Luckily for the consumer in the stereo world, most people can't always tell the difference in sound quality between adjacent price points. Salesmen will try to convince you otherwise, but my experience bears this out. For example, most can tell the difference between a $50 amp and an $800 amp, but probably not between a $200 amp and a $400 amp.... Consider that when shopping for stereo components.

If cheapest anything is your goal, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that... I've done that in several areas, in several things... I just didn't try to convince myself that I got anything other than the cheapest deal...

You're fooling yourself if you think what you got, at a very cheap price, is as good as something from a higher price point, based solely on price.... And trying to convince people who know better, just makes you look foolish...

Last edited by hattitude; 05-19-2018 at 12:05 PM.