Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Turn Signal Woes

Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 PM
dbarnesid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LED Turn Signal Woes

Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a pair of Radiantz Dogeyes recently. I installed them on my new 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. (I should switch out the pic on my avatar. This is one sweet ride. Red Hot Fire Glow with Gold inserts. ABS, Monster Ovals... Gawd I just want to ride, not type!)

At any rate, my local HOG buddies tell me the lights are fine for run and stop but they absolutely SUCK as turn signals. They have a red center cluster with a yellow outside cluster. At night they're great. But on a sunny day its hard to tell if the turn signals are on or not. And the brake lights completely wash out the turn signals. I tried red lenses, yellow lenses, and HD clear lenses (more white than clear to be honest). These things are expensive and they are no friggin good.

To top it all off I tried to get Radiantz to take them back and exchange them for other lights. Because I bought them through Ridetime Technologies Radiantz would not make it good. Ridetime is willing to take them back but to get the Badlands run/turn/brake module as well as replacement LEDs I would be out $135.

Oh... it gets better. Radiantz said the Dogeyes I got aren't made by Radiantz. They don't have Radiantz branding or dates on the lights front or back. My only thought is they sent Keith at Ridetime a set of seconds or Keith got the lights through an unscrupulous supplier. Either way this is NOT good.

Just beware of the Dogeyes. It's a good idea and a VERY VERY POOR PRODUCT!

JMHO

Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM
shadowchaser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about buying Radiantz lights, but after reading several bad reviews on them I will find something else. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Did these actually work without a load equalizer? I don't have the Dogeyes but the Radiantz lights I do have work great with the Badlands equalizer. I bought them on the recommendation of members of this forum and I am not disappointed, much better than the previous LED's I had on my RG.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dbarnesid

Just beware of the Dogeyes. It's a good idea and a VERY VERY POOR PRODUCT!

JMHO

No beware of RADIANTZ period.

READ HERE

Read the whole thread. There are several good stories about Radiantz. Including mine.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 PM
dbarnesid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, they don't work well without the load equalizer. I have the Badlands and all is well. Without the load equalizer the turn signals flash too rapidly.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain

I would be interested in knowing what company makes the Custom Dynamics lights, they look identical to the Radiantz lights...the 'Dynamic Clusters' look just like the 'Dogeyes'. Others look the same..

Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cruise_carter
I would be interested in knowing what company makes the Custom Dynamics lights, they look identical to the Radiantz lights...the 'Dynamic Clusters' look just like the 'Dogeyes'. Others look the same..

They are not Radiantz. I found this out two years ago when I had to get a warranty replacement on a Radiantz cluster I bought from CD. They quit carrying all of the Radiantz products because of problems dealing with the company. I can see why.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The ones from Custom Dynamics are Street Magic brand. It's listed in the site. They call thiers a different name, but do the same thing.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:49 AM
cruise_carter
Road Captain

Just did some looking, 'No Magic Neon, Inc.' makes the Street Magic brand and is distributed by Custom Dynamics. Radiantz and No Magic Neon should be looking at each others product because if they have patents, somebody is stepping on somebody's property...they look identical. Even the tailight I installed is listed as a 136 LED light that is identical to the one I installed that was from Radiantz.

If my Radiantz lights go out, and Radiantz won't deal with me, then I can go to No Magic Neon. The Radiantz lights were commented on by 4 riding buddies on Monday when we were out, they hadn't seen them on the bike and at the first stop they all said how bright and effective they were.