Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Road Tech Zūmo 660 Vid & Info

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:50 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattshfd
Im gonna try a fab a mount to fit in the middle of my dash at the windshield. Ive got the three HD dash bags there now...I wanna pull the center bag out and try and mount the 660 there. I figure it will be at a good level to take a quick look while riding, easy to reach and should look good! With all the wires hiden it should look good, if I can do it!
I was going to try the same thing, but the vibration made the screen unreadable, but my mount arm might have been too long. I'll be interested to see how you mount it and how it works out.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:41 AM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i saw someone on here who just attached the ball portion of a ram mount to the location of where the center bag was located and then use a short ram extension arm...looked like a clean mount but not sure how the vibration was.... any thoughts?

Old 09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
jimsmith94
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdbe
i think i saw someone on here who just attached the ball portion of a ram mount to the location of where the center bag was located and then use a short ram extension arm...looked like a clean mount but not sure how the vibration was.... any thoughts?
I mounted mine that way on my Ultra after seeing posts about a couple others doing it. After an almost 5,000 mile trip, I can say that it worked great. I really liked the visibility of having it up higher and centered, as opposed to way down on the handlebars and off to one side.

One of them drilled holes in the fairing to mount his, but after removing my middle bag, I just mounted mine to the metal bracket. I did have to try a couple different sets of holes, and what worked the best was having part of the bracket against the windshield. It will probably eventually wear into the windshield, but for now it works great with little to no vibration.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
hdbe
Road Master

got any pics?

Originally Posted by jimsmith94
I mounted mine that way on my Ultra after seeing posts about a couple others doing it. After an almost 5,000 mile trip, I can say that it worked great. I really liked the visibility of having it up higher and centered, as opposed to way down on the handlebars and off to one side.

One of them drilled holes in the fairing to mount his, but after removing my middle bag, I just mounted mine to the metal bracket. I did have to try a couple different sets of holes, and what worked the best was having part of the bracket against the windshield. It will probably eventually wear into the windshield, but for now it works great with little to no vibration.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

A great way to mount your navigation is with the Powerlet Powerbar which has the mount and power port all in one, however the Road Tech 660 and Zumo 660 will not work with the current Powerbar from Powerlet. Powerlet is working on a new Powerbar to accommodate the new stuff. It might take 45 to 60 days.
http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop...et-kits/SKTKIT

Does anyone have another option for a two-in-one system with an easy on/off mounting system?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 PM
jimsmith94
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdbe
got any pics?
Sorry, no pictures of my own, but here's a link to the pictures that gave me the idea: http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?...75483#msg75483

Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After having the Zumo 550 (and loving it), I also upgraded to the Zumo 660. I prefer the larger screen and other upgrades.
Dislike the Micro card and its location...actually snapped one in half re-installing the battery. Also, really dislike that the cradle must be hardwired to the bike and isn't removeable like the 550's was.
Does the Harley version of the 660 give you the option of plugging the cradle into a cig/Powerlet outlet? This would allow you to remove the cradle for a "cleaner" look.

Good to hear Powerlet is working on an option. They'll have to rework the cradle though and offer a different one since the 660's cradle wires are not removeable.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

I wonder if I could cut the cradle wires and splicing on a SAE system to create a quick disconnect, with it wired to the AUX switch. I don't know much about wires/electrical, and I don't have the RT660 yet so I'm only dreaming for now. I don't think I can wait 60 days for Powerlet. Has anyone done a similar wire job with their Zumo or Road Tech 660?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
DesertBum
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aleslinger
Any difference between the Zumo 660 and the Road Tech 660? Do they both come with the same functions and software/hardware (besides the preloaded HD locations)?
I'm wondering about this too

Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

Hey DesertBum, the RoadTech 660 does not include a motorcycle mount, but you can get a really crappy one from your local HD dealer for $79.95 + tax. You can get much better one from gpscity. I'm going with one from Techmount with a quick change adaptor so I can "quickly" take the cradle off the mount...and eventually, "quickly" detach the cables too. I'm taking the cradle to the HD dealer tomorrow to see what they think about adding an SAE cable to the root of the wire bundle.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...0&default=none

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-5...-assembly.html

http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...product_id=142

http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...product_id=105

Quick Reply: H-D Road Tech Zūmo 660 Vid & Info