Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using Kuryakyn Long Horns?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody using Kuryakyn Long Horns?

Just put on some Kuryakyn Long Horn highway pegs. They are made real well, and seem to are real comfortable....except. I' only 5'9", which is why I got these pegs. I initially had problems of not being ablt to slide my feet comfortably from the pegs to the shifter, or brake, withou my foot getting wedged between them. After som adjustment the brake (lowerd the bracket and tilted the arm downward), the brake side is much better, the shifter side is ok, but I still have to slide my foot back, and then forward onto the shifter. I also found that with the new position I have to leave the pegs in the open position or they interfere with my feet. Anybody else experience this? or have any solutions? If I can't work this out you may either see them on e-bay or I'll just put them on for the 500 mile plus trips. Much appreciated, as always.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:41 PM
thesmithiz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody using Kuryakyn Long Horns?

I have the Kuryakyn offset mounts, 6', and I initially had them at almost right angle to crash bar and slightly above the brake pedal in hieght. At that mounting position my feet always would get hung up somewhere trying to bring them back. I now have them angled in towards me and slightly lower then the brake pedal, shoulds kinda of counter to the goal but i noticed a lot of folks I ride with have lower rather than hiogher mounts, this location is actual very smooth coming and going. Also this has proven to offer endless amounts of foot positions and long range comfort.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody using Kuryakyn Long Horns?

Are they like these from Harley Davidson?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT