Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Anderson Tour pac relocator

Old 10-19-2009, 06:25 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

George's relocater works fine with the detachables, I didn't have to drill any holes, I also didn't reuse the chrome tube it looks much better without it IMHO! George is a 1st class man to boot, you'd be hard pressed to find a better person too!!! shipped mine the same day I ordered it and it and the money order passed in the mail! When I ordered mine Money Orders were all he took.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM
jimhartman
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. George Anderson and his product are both top-notch! I'm exceptionally happy with the tourpack relocater. He shiped it super fast also!

JH

Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://harleycomforts.com/Home_Page.php

Anyone know if it fits an '09 detachable? Kuryakyn is coming out with an '09 model of their version in Spring '10.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by shredsurf
Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://harleycomforts.com/Home_Page.php

Anyone know if it fits an '09 detachable? Kuryakyn is coming out with an '09 model of their version in Spring '10.

I do not believe the kit you provided the link to above will work with either the fixed or detachable TP kit for 2009/2010 Touring bikes.

I installed the George Andersen TP Relocator on my 2010 SE Ultra which already had the HD Detachable kit installed. I am very pleased with the quality and ease of install. I did the entire install while my detachable TP was connected to the bike.

George was a pleasure to deal with. I gave him my name and address. He shipped the relocator immediately, even before I sent him my personal check for $163 (which included shipping).

Very pleased with the result and the transaction.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe what I am reading here,so you don't like to have the wifes TA Ta's pressing up against your back,or any other female you might give a ride for that matter? Hell I thought about moving mine closer! AHHHHH YEAH,sit right there.

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (06-20-2017)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I do not believe the kit you provided the link to above will work with either the fixed or detachable TP kit for 2009/2010 Touring bikes.

I installed the George Andersen TP Relocator on my 2010 SE Ultra which already had the HD Detachable kit installed. I am very pleased with the quality and ease of install. I did the entire install while my detachable TP was connected to the bike.

George was a pleasure to deal with. I gave him my name and address. He shipped the relocator immediately, even before I sent him my personal check for $163 (which included shipping).

Thanks Heatwave.

I called Harleycomforts (Jeff) and he left me a message saying it will fit the '09/ '10's detachable TP. At $115.00 shipped I thought the price was right. Still gonna research this a bit more just to be sure.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by Heatwave

I'm somewhat confused...You did the entire install while the TP was on the bike?

Do you mean you took off the TP and left the detachable mounting bracket on the bike then installed the relocation kit onto the mounting bracket then replaced the TP?

I just spoke to George tonight and felt comfortable enough to place the order. Seems like a very nice guy!!

Last edited by shredsurf; 11-05-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

[quote=shredsurf;5818377]I'm somewhat confused...You did the entire install while the TP was on the bike?

Do you mean you took off the TP and left the detachable mounting bracket on the bike then installed the relocation kit onto the mounting bracket then replaced the TP? /[quote]

Not exactly. I followed George's instruction from our phone call (not included in the paper instructions). Leave the TP attached to the bike and unbolt the 4 bolts holding the TP to the detach kit. Have someone around to help hold the TP when you unbolt the last of the 4 bolts.

Then you can attach George's bracket to the HD detach bracket that is still attached to the bike. Then take the TP and refasten it to the new detach/relocator bracket using the same 4 bolts that originally fastened the TP in place. You can choose either the 1.5", 2.25" or 2.5" relocator bolt holes. (I used the 2.5").

It's really as simple as that. Unbolt 4 bolts holding the TP to the detach bracket. Attach the relocator bracket to the detach bracket with the 4 bolts in the kit. Reattach the TP to the new extended bracket in the position you want using the original 4 bolts. You'll never have to remove the detach bracket to do any steps in the install.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:34 PM
ks6c
Tourer

I run one of George's relocators on my '07 and my wife and I couldn't be happier. When I called him from outside the country, he even personally delivered it to my Mom in Iowa so she could ship it for me - first class guy!

I saw a thread recently with a link for an online store selling George's relocators (he doesn't have his own website), but of course I didn't bookmark it. Anyone remember who's selling them online for him? I'll need one for my new 2011 (ok, I'm thinking ahead here!)

Dan

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
SBFD8
Cruiser

You won't need a tour pack relocator if your wife reads this you might need a pillow and blanket relocator.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: George Anderson Tour pac relocator