Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap

This looks interesting to me, it's a brake light strip.
I don't know a thing about it, but it looks good to me and fills that little gap we Street Gliders have.

http://www.customdynamics.com/plasma_rod_led_lights.htm

Here's the page with a video (about 1/3 the way down)

http://www.customdynamics.com/custom...ct_listing.htm

Old 08-29-2009, 08:40 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, these have been out for a while and I almost got them but they are not as bright as I would like and look a little orange to me. I ended up making some brackets off of the fillers and using Randiantz Flex Arrays in a smoke tube. They are really thin and small but man are they bright, they actually hurt your eyes if you stare at them. When I first got them I thought man these are not worth $50 each but when they light up you forget about the price. I got them mounted last night but do not have pictures yet. Should get pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

They look great and are cheaper than the above Plasma Rods and the brightness blows them away.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Good to know that they aren't very bright. I followed a Fat Boy a while back, that had the "grey break light" (like in the above picture) and I couldn't see his break light during the day worth a damn. They light looked cool "grey", but if you can't see it, what is it worth? DANGEROUS if you ask me.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

TFB, sorry have not got any pictures of the bike in the day time yet but here is one in the garage after I installed them. Right now just have them hooked up as turn signals so the picture is just catching them between the flashes of the signal so they might be even brighter than the picture shows. Next will be getting the Badlanders Illuminator to make them run/turn/brake. I will try to get some better pictures out in the sun this weekend but when they are not on you can not really see them due to the smoke tube they are incased in.

Attached Thumbnails New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap-dsc01951.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
armyof1
Cruiser

wow those are bright. but id like to see how they look in the day. i mean how they look not how bright. installed look.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that picture almost blinded me. I'd like to get somthing for in between that area on my ultra but not sure it would look right. Your SG looks good with those lights and if noone can see you at night then they are blind. I would also like to see them during the day.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
TRMRC
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Yeah, these have been out for a while and I almost got them but they are not as bright as I would like and look a little orange to me. I ended up making some brackets off of the fillers and using Randiantz Flex Arrays in a smoke tube. They are really thin and small but man are they bright, they actually hurt your eyes if you stare at them. When I first got them I thought man these are not worth $50 each but when they light up you forget about the price. I got them mounted last night but do not have pictures yet. Should get pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

They look great and are cheaper than the above Plasma Rods and the brightness blows them away.
They do look great. What length did you use and what did you do to make the fillers? Nice job!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

Thanks guys, I will try to get some pictures during the day this week end. They are 8 4/5" in a smoke tube with the 1mm spacing. I have the Street Glide rear fascia and I took some of that clear wall corner strips that you can get at Lowe's to protect wall corners. It is in a 90 degree angle and I had to heat it up a little to open it up more and trimed them down and mounted them with the 3M tape. This gave a nice flat place to mount them right beside the fillers.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Got some pictures during the day but ran out and left my camera at home so all I had was the BlackBerry so pictures are not that great. They are in a smoke tube but wished the actually led housings inside were black. If they were you could not even see them. Other than that I am really pleased with them and I just can not explain how bright they are. I think I might do the run/turn/brake module and remove the tail light all together and just put a lighted plate mount there that will cover up all of the holes and add some of the same led strips inside of the Tri-Bar light to make them brighter as well, just a lot of wiring with that.

Attached Thumbnails New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap-img00009-20090913-0850.jpg   New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap-img00005-20090913-0849.jpg   New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap-img00002-20090913-0847.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Oh yeah, the only bad thing I see about this kind of set up is ther is not any side viabilty when turning.....With the oem turn signal bar and the lens you could see the turnsignals flash from the side. Not sure how much of a danger that is but I could always get two more of the same led strips but smaller (shorter like the 5 leds) and mount maybe down on the frame under the passenger boards and just hook them up as on/off red turn signals.

Any opinions on this?

Quick Reply: New Brake Light Strip for Street Glides - fills the gap