Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Shocks Leaking Air

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Glide Shocks Leaking Air

I lost 15 psi in 5 days in my brand new SG shocks? That seems like an awful lot for that short amount of time!

is that normal?

I know they will loose a little air over time but at that rate I will have to check the Air every weekend.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:48 PM
bigtim1985
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2009 street glide as well. they must all leak because i lost about 10psi over a 2 week period, which isn't that bad ,but for the money this thing costs it shouldnt leak at all.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:52 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigtim1985
i have a 2009 street glide as well. they must all leak because i lost about 10psi over a 2 week period, which isn't that bad ,but for the money this thing costs it shouldnt leak at all.
Im cool with them loosing a few pounds a month but 15 psi a week is allot... 10 psi in 2 weeks is allot. You should have to pull out the pump 3-4 times a month.

I looked on Ohlins Website but dont see any shocks listed for the Street Glide

Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 AM
gearjamster
Advanced

check the valve stem and the push pull connectors ,,push hard on the hose at each connection. Mine leaked a bit when i got the09SG but now i hardly ever put air except when the ball and chain rides with me

Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 AM
langhammx
Road Captain
Thumbs up Ohlins shocks

Originally Posted by jasnusc
Im cool with them loosing a few pounds a month but 15 psi a week is allot... 10 psi in 2 weeks is allot. You should have to pull out the pump 3-4 times a month.

I looked on Ohlins Website but dont see any shocks listed for the Street Glide

Here is the answer to all of your problems-
www.motorcyclemetal.com Ohlins distributor and HDForums site sponsor. They have them and have, by far, the best prices on the shocks. Make sure to tell Howard that you are a member on HDForums and you will get the discount.
They are awesome and your bike will love you......... The stock air shocks are a little HARSH. Many happy members on this site with the Ohlins shocks....

Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by langhammx
[/color]
Here is the answer to all of your problems-
www.motorcyclemetal.com Ohlins distributor and HDForums site sponsor. They have them and have, by far, the best prices on the shocks. Make sure to tell Howard that you are a member on HDForums and you will get the discount.
They are awesome and your bike will love you......... The stock air shocks are a little HARSH. Many happy members on this site with the Ohlins shocks....
i check that site and the list from 630 - 1000? Seems price\y.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike 5959, check with Howard at Motorcyclemetal, there is quite a discount for forum members. i've read recently others getting them for around 500 bux. if that's the case, it's on my list of things to do.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:39 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I lost about 10 lbs over a 2-3 week span... that's not that bad if you ask me especially since the bike cam with 5lbs of air when I picked it up. You'd of thought they would have filled them before handing the bike out

Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

My bike(s) loose no air in a week. Push down on all the red connectors, pull out the black hose, re-insert, and check the air fitting valve for leaks. Something ain't right....

lp

Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by gearjamster
check the valve stem and the push pull connectors ,,push hard on the hose at each connection. Mine leaked a bit when i got the09SG but now i hardly ever put air except when the ball and chain rides with me
It's common for them to leak at the connectors but easy to fix, just disconnect it, cut the end of the tube nice and smooth and reconnect. You can also check for leaks at the connections by filling the shocks with air and then placing soapy water around the connections, watch for bubbles to indicate a leak. I've had two baggers to leak and both was at the shock connector.

Quick Reply: Street Glide Shocks Leaking Air