Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?

I have never used anything but my credit union for financing on bikes before, but am thinking of going through HD this time. Im about 99% to pulling the trigger on a Dark Shadow Blue 09 SG. I just wanted to buy the bike, put a few G's down and call it a day.

I had already had an approval from my CU, when I called to confirm they said I had to reapply??? I guess the economy has everyone scared right now. Anyway, now they are jacking me around about the terms, approval, etc but nothing has changed. Been at my job for 9 years, no CC debt, only a couple pmts until my car is paid off, etc.

So I had the dealer run me through HD just to see, they were more than happy to offer credit. I was looking to finance under $20k, but they came back and gave me up to $35k credit is that normal? Or could the dealer have applied for more since they knew I was drooling on the SE CVO Ultra?

So are they good to deal with, good customer service, etc?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used them but I've never had to use the customer service. I think they just approve you for what they can like CC companies do. I needed to finance $21K and they approved me for $45K. Guess they thought I was buying a lexus. Rate was same as my bank. Since I pulled the trigger on a weekend I just went with HD credit.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used them but I have to believe that HD's interest rate is going to be higher than what your Credit Union would charge. Also, don't let the easy credit from HD drive you to spend more than you planned... remember, easy credit is why our country in going through a financial meltdown!

Bob

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Anyone know the interest rate from HD?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used Eaglemark on two occasions, never had any issues
and the credit line has always been approved well beyond
the purchase price.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
so165
Tourer

hell I got financed twice thru Eagle Mark, the second time was for 26 grand. I apply for a credit card and get turned down every time, lmao...

Old 10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go with your credit union if you can get them to calm down.
I do have customer service experience experience with Eagle Mark, I went round & round with them last year when I was trying to get the title from my sportster as I had a sale pending. They could have given a rat's a** about when I got my title back. Typical big company crap.

A copy of the letter I sent:

October 2, 2007

Harley-Davidson Credit
8529 Innovation Way
Chicago IL 60682

To Whom It May Concern:
Please find my enclosed final payment of $315.39 on account # 2003****739745.
I would like my title mailed to me asap. One of your representatives told me that it would take two weeks to receive my title once final payment has been received; this is neither ethical nor acceptable. I sent you a check in the mail on September 28th, it cleared my bank by the first, that’s 3 days and one of them was a Sunday! What that says to me is that when it’s your money on the line everything’s all rush-rush but when it’s your loyal customers money its “ehhh…..when we get around to it.” Adding insult to injury, the representative tells me I can “expedite” the process for $20.00 and I should see the title within a week. When I ask what the $20.00 is for he tells me that it’s for overnight fees. Now I’m confused. Where I come from overnight means 24 hrs not 168 hrs. Do you have a different clock or calendar in Chicago? I’ve never heard of overnight meaning seven days. Anyway, send the title so I can legally have what I paid for and do whatever you see fit with this letter. If it gets put in the round file then I will understand why Harley Davidson is in the process of laying off a bunch of employees. I run a very successful business and I NEVER forget what keeps me so busy and prosperous….my loyal customers, not my banker.

Sincerely,
Mike Shannon.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

after that letter, you still dont have your title? i couldnt imagine why not.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i have used them and my daughter is currently using them.
haven't really needed the customer service, so i can't comment on them.
but they are just that - a loan.
use them if the terms are better than someplace else - thats all.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chula
Anyone know the interest rate from HD?
The local dealer here did a buydown on financing and offered a special of 3.99% for 60 months.

Quick Reply: Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?