Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Bobber pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Silverslider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice name

Bobber Bagger...I like it, nice catchy name

Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverslider
Bobber Bagger...I like it, nice catchy name

Try to say it five times fast.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 AM
jimmything
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

No offense, but to make a bobber from a streetglide is kinda like stripping a caddy down to a dune buggy. Just black it out. It'll look mean enough. Just sayin'

Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not being critical here, but I have to agree with some of the other posters. When I first looked at your bike, it merely looks like a bagger with the front fender removed. Had the same reaction as the others... "Thats a bobber?" Now, if you were to strip some of the frame down, swap to a solo seat, then maybe chop/fabricate some cool bags, THAT might be a bagger bobber/bobber bagger in my opinion. I like the bobber look also, but really don't want to bob my only bike atm. Perhaps if/when I acquire a second ride, the bob fabrication will begin. Oh yeh, one last thing... Donations would be GRACIOUSLY recieved. HEH!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:23 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Sorry...not a bobber. Also, why a fairing and no front fender? You could remove the tire and the front end would still not look stripped down. In fact, removing the the front fender just made the batwing look more top heavy. However, since none of us make your payments for you,...just do what you like!

Just sayin', makin your bike a real bobber would take some cutting, welding, and grinding, and would kill your resale value...however you would then have a real bobber and not a bobber replica like a Sucker Punch Sallys or Flyrite...or a street glide with a missing fender.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:29 AM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

Compliments to you! That's about the first truly original "conversion" I've seen in a while. Kinda reminds me of what a Confederate Hellcat's big mean brother might look like. Nice.

Originally Posted by Nightking
My old 98 Road Glide gone bad.

This was a very fun bike to ride.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Allright, fess up, you wrecked your front fender and haven't gotten it fixed yet have you? I could see bobbing a road king, but to bob a fairing bike is just plain silly.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Iamopie2
Cruiser

Im in the no front fender=bobber? boat. I do think that it could be a good idea but not with a bat wing

Old 09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

thought the idea behind a bobber was shaving weight...bobbed rear fender, taking off anything you could live without...front fender marker lights ect...lately people seem to think bobber means no front fender and black paint...I rode a Dyna without a front fender for over 10k miles looked cool but sucked bigtime in the rain...keeping my front fender on my StreetGlide I'm getting too old to care about being cool... My odometer does the talking these days and it won't shut up...but hey what ever pulls your trigger

Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe if someone were to drop by the assembly plant and stopped them 1/2 way through building your bike, it would have had the same result..... But I'm thinking they still would have charged you the full MSRP....... Maybe more???

No one is doing this to my bike; now my old softy, that would have been a better platform.

Quick Reply: Touring Bobber pics