Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Ultra - 255 CAM ONLY- W/ Dyno Chart

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by confused
Does the dyno sheet look okay to you Phil?
Yes, I'm happy now, but I know down the road I may contact you on how to make me REALLY happy!!
Your torque curve looks good. It appears that it might be a bit rich early in the pull, but in reality that's not a condition that you'll encounter on the road very often (if ever).

As long as it rides & runs well.... ENJOY!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilM
Your torque curve looks good. It appears that it might be a bit rich early in the pull, but in reality that's not a condition that you'll encounter on the road very often (if ever).
Hey Phil, I need to ask a novice question;

I understand the decel pop is about back-pressure, but what can the tuner do to fix this?
The bike runs great, pulls when I need it throughout the gears, but when I let off the gas it cracks and pops - but NOT all the time.

Do you have to give up somewhere to remove the pop on decel?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
eddfive
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not Phil, the decel column in the VE table can be tuned just like the rest of the VE tables. True Dual headers and mufflers should have no decel popping. The only pipe which is hard to deal with is the old "Y" pipe, sometimes decel popping can not be eliminated all the way. You should also make sure your entire exhaust system is tight with no leaks from the heads all the way back. Decel popping means your transition from Decel to Accel is not going to be very smooth.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 AM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddfive
Not Phil, the decel column in the VE table can be tuned just like the rest of the VE tables. True Dual headers and mufflers should have no decel popping. The only pipe which is hard to deal with is the old "Y" pipe, sometimes decel popping can not be eliminated all the way. You should also make sure your entire exhaust system is tight with no leaks from the heads all the way back. Decel popping means your transition from Decel to Accel is not going to be very smooth.
Thanks, I even kinda understand what you are saying, I guess I am learning.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 269 Likes on 168 Posts

Have to agree obout checking for exhaust leaks. Another train of thought on tuning out the pop is if it pops when you shift use your decel enleanment table and if it's popping all the way down throw a liitle fuel at it in your 20 map column, even if it means you take it out of closed loop. The only time you are in that area of the map is when you are deaccellerating with your throttle closed. What map are you using?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I would expect better numbers than this given a good tune, as there have been several charts posted here that show TQ/HP at around 100/84. Attached is one chart for a TC96 with 255's, TD's, and TTS. As Phil said dyno tuning results depend on many factors, not the least of which are humidity, temperature, etc. The TD's are hurting your low-end, for sure, as they are in the chart below.

BMaier is right about HD's HP/TQ claims and I wouldn't use them as an accurate gauge.

Last edited by iclick; 10-21-2009 at 02:47 PM.