Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spacers for shifter pegs and brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Spacers for shifter pegs and brake pedal

I have the footboard extensions from Eglidegoodies that move the stock footboards 1" out. I like them a lot but now, my shifter pegs and brake pedal are no longer aligned with my feet.
I need to find 1" chrome spacers to correct the problem. 1 side of the spacer must be male and 1 side female.
Do you know where I can find them? Thanks

Last edited by frenchbiker; 10-24-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think what you're trying to do will work.
You'd need to get a 1" longer splined shaft for the shifter side or there won't be anywhere to mount the shift arm after you put the spacer on.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
I don't think what you're trying to do will work.
You'd need to get a 1" longer splined shaft for the shifter side or there won't be anywhere to mount the shift arm after you put the spacer on.
That's why I'm thinking of a spacer with a male side and a female side. I would mount the shifter peg into the female side of the spacer and the male side of the spacer into the shifter arm, same for the brake pedal.
I did the same thing a few years ago on my chopper but I can't remember where I bought the spacers. I'll keep looking.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The whole idea is so there not aligned with your feet.

I have the KURYAKYN floor board relocation kit which moves the floor boards out 1" and forward 1". This lets you stretch out a little more and your legs arn't pinned to the side of the tank.

They also give you a little more room to move your feet around out side of the controls.

After you ride with them for a little while (a few of hours) your body memory will adjust to the change of position and the only thing you'll notice is your a little more comfortable.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
The whole idea is so there not aligned with your feet.

I have the KURYAKYN floor board relocation kit which moves the floor boards out 1" and forward 1". This lets you stretch out a little more and your legs arn't pinned to the side of the tank.

They also give you a little more room to move your feet around out side of the controls.

After you ride with them for a little while (a few of hours) your body memory will adjust to the change of position and the only thing you'll notice is your a little more comfortable.
I've been riding with my eglidegoodies floorboard extensions for 3 months now. They're more comfortable, as long as you don't hit the controls. My body memory knows where the pegs are relative to my feet but I'd rather not have to twist my feet in order to hit the shifter pegs and brake pedal in the middle. As it is now, I hit the outside edge of the controls.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are using the heal and toe shifter you can reverse them. that will put the toe shifter out some. I removed the heal shifter and add a spacer to move out the toe.

You will learn and you will not think about the difference.

dd

Old 10-24-2009, 09:33 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Get a 3/4" chrome spacer (your local HD dealer probably has some, that's where I found mine) and a longer bolt for the shifter peg. Get a bolt long enough to go through the shift lever with enough thread exposed to put a nut onto it. Use a hot topper on the nut and it will look like factory.

I did this but couldn't find a bolt that would recess into the shifter peg, so I got a black socket head bolt and had a local machine shop machine the head down so it was flush with the peg. It's almost invisible unless you get down and really look for it.

Also, 3/4" spacer is plenty and with the amount of force used on the shift lever, I don't think I would want to go any longer....

Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently addd Soos 1" spacers and really like the new position.
I like the new setup on the brake side , but the shifter was too far in.
I didn't want a heel shift setup so I went with this.
Kuryakyn Spacer # 1045 from Drag Specialties.

Sorry about the dirt and grease , but this bike is really comfy to ride now.....
The grease fitting was a great mod also , while you're at it.....
Mick

Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OP is not looking for "spacers", he wants "extensions" to move everything out.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you can find longer shift pegs?

Quick Reply: Spacers for shifter pegs and brake pedal