Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Post or Not to Post

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:17 PM
wreckdiving
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry To Post or Not to Post

To all who feel the need to be sarchastic when addressing forum questions should use other means to boost their self esteem. This site is used by novice as well as experianced veteran riders of all, but mostly HD. When one posts a question or looks for advise, its usually because their looking for constructive advise or reccomendations. Sarchasm is never appreciated. Answers like "so glad you posted a seat question, nice to see a question that has never been asked before" are so not appreciated for replies. If a person feels the need to post, answer it like you would like to be answered. Or dont bother!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to see a complaint weve never heard before (I'm sorry I couldnt help it)

Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
bama6977
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Friday afternoon trolling question...can't wait to see who else is going to bite

Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree Wreck , I have seen some pretty nasty comebacks and really dry humor here.
It's tough to reply sometimes (humor wise) without having it sound like a personal attack , so I usually just go to the next post where I could do some good for someone in need.
The majority of members are pretty good and some are excellent posters.
Over time , you will know which are which , and when to ignore the bologna that is posted by the few...
Mick

Old 10-30-2009, 03:31 PM
GarArnett
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wreckdiving
If a person feels the need to post, answer it like you would like to be answered. Or dont bother!
Since I am a small business owner, and I have one major requirement for anyone I hire (that they be a smart-*** with a good sense of humor), I will answer like I would expect to be treated by anyone that I would have any respect for, had I made this post. (don't ya love that run-on sentence)

BITE ME!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiving
To all who feel the need to be sarchastic when addressing forum questions should use other means to boost their self esteem. This site is used by novice as well as experianced veteran riders of all, but mostly HD. When one posts a question or looks for advise, its usually because their looking for constructive advise or reccomendations. Sarchasm is never appreciated. Answers like "so glad you posted a seat question, nice to see a question that has never been asked before" are so not appreciated for replies. If a person feels the need to post, answer it like you would like to be answered. Or dont bother!
You should try posting over in the General Harley Chat area if you think it's rough here. When I post I always get some good responses and some smart *** replies, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I just laugh at the smart asses and sometimes there sarcasm (you spelled it wrong by the way, no sarcasm intended) is as valid as the straight answers, some people are just sarcastic by nature.
If you are going to hang your laundry out in public you'd better be ready for EVERYONE to look at it.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So glad to see a sarcasm post.

I think 95% of them are in pure fun. I appreciate that as long as in there ther question gets answered too. It sure would be a boring forum (and world) if there was no humor.

Relax, have a beer, and crack a joke or two. You'll feel better.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I kinda like the sarcasm thrown in now and then. It's usually pretty funny and makes for some entertaining reading. If you're going to be online you need to have a little thicker skin. The wealth of knowledge and help here is incredible but a little humor is okay in my book. If feelings are hurt, that's too bad. I don't think anyone here is trying to do that.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I love to see some real answers and I enjoy some sarcasm.....Usually I see sarcasm depending on the original post..
Get ready to see some real dumb **** being posted now that the winter is here and they are locked away in their homes and cant ride.....

Old 10-30-2009, 04:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking You asked for it!!!

Hope I didn't disappoint!

Quick Reply: To Post or Not to Post