Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-UP Center Stand vs Harley Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the Wheeldock on my '08 Street Glide but when I bought the '09 I sold it and never even consider buying another one.

If I ever did it again I would buy the Harley one because it has "adjustable legs".
If you are ever planning on raising or lowering or even changing rims you will need the adjustable one.

Plus I only used the Easy Dock in the garage. Any thing not level in public is gonna cause you some trouble.
Park up hill and your rear tire will only spin.
Park down hill and your bike will roll off the stand by itself, while you are gone.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
jamcgowan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
...If you are ever planning on raising or lowering or even changing rims you will need the adjustable one.
Not entirely true...just place a 1/2" piece of plywood under the stand and the rear wheel will be lifted off the ground.

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
...Plus I only used the Easy Dock in the garage. Any thing not level in public is gonna cause you some trouble.
Park up hill and your rear tire will only spin.
Park down hill and your bike will roll off the stand by itself, while you are gone.
Definitely possible, but, a little care in selecting parking sites takes care of that.

I have the Easy Up center stand...took 5 min to install and works wonderfully. Mine has the chrome extension so it looks good too.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those with an air ride system just drop the stand then hit the down button on the air ride and almost 900 lbs goes down on the stand. It will never roll off the stand. I bought the shorter Wheeldock stand. To leave I raise the bike with air and drive off. I do it while on the seat with no effort or worry everytime I park. If I park it slammed I use the Jiffy stand.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jamcgowan
Not entirely true...just place a 1/2" piece of plywood under the stand and the rear wheel will be lifted off the ground.

Definitely possible, but, a little care in selecting parking sites takes care of that.

I have the Easy Up center stand...took 5 min to install and works wonderfully. Mine has the chrome extension so it looks good too.
I'm just warning a Brother on what could and will happen. It was an easy install and it did look good, I'll give you that.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
eberg
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this an old post, so hopefully you guys are still out there. If needing a center stand for "maintenance", would you go with a center stand or a wheel chock? And or one of those lift deal'ys?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eberg
I know this an old post, so hopefully you guys are still out there. If needing a center stand for "maintenance", would you go with a center stand or a wheel chock? And or one of those lift deal'ys?
I have both. I have the Harley Center Stand for storage And a lift for maintenance.
When Harley changed frames, the center stand changed too.
I found the adjustably of the legs makes a big difference from the EZUP Stand.
A big plus is how the Harley stand tucks up when not used.