Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin eagle race fueler. just bought one. not sure what I got.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:08 AM
michael427
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Screamin eagle race fueler. just bought one. not sure what I got.

This thing was a great deal and I was told it's similar to the race tuner. This is the screamin eagle race fueler. it plugs into the fuel injection sensors from what I can tell and lets you make manual adjustments with pots.

My question is what adjustments do I make for highflow ac and slipons?
The unit has an idle, acc pump, low mid and high range adjustment. any help would be great. I don't know crap about air fuel ratios.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:23 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Friend, go get your money back.

The is no such thing as a "great price" on that type device. Trust me, it's junk no matter who makes it.

You are going to have to suffer thru a learning curve, then and only then should you buy any tuner.

Hate to suggest this, becuase I sound like a troll....but start searching this forum or chat with riding buds who actually turn their own wrenches. You will quickly discover that as a minimum you want a device like the PCIII offered by fuelmoto.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Psychosis
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You can find some decent info on the race fueler on the net. Just google screaming eagle race fueler.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Psychosis
You can find some decent info on the race fueler on the net. Just google screaming eagle race fueler.
Hang on....There ain't no device I know of made by HD that has three pots on it and plugs into the injector harness. It sounds like your typical FuelPac device, and if so it's junk.

The HD SERT and SEST use an interface that you plug in temporarily to reprogram the ECU.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 AM
michael427
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did some searching and got it figured out. actually pretty simple. you just set fueloutput by rpm range and then set the acc pump. All it really does it put out more fuel. I'll give it a try. should richen it up a bit which is all I need. Thanks for the response.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by oinker02
Hang on....There ain't no device I know of made by HD that has three pots on it and plugs into the injector harness. It sounds like your typical FuelPac device, and if so it's junk.

The HD SERT and SEST use an interface that you plug in temporarily to reprogram the ECU.
Right, the SE race fueler is nothing like the SERT or SEST. Who said it was a three pot device? It has 6 adjustment pots if I remember.

I'm with oinker. Take it back if you can. If you're stuck with it, you might try and check VTF. There used to be some info there in the EFI maps sub forum. It might still be there. Not much, but a little on initial calibrations. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by michael427
...All it really does it put out more fuel. I'll give it a try. should richen it up a bit which is all I need. Thanks for the response.
I'm sure it will meet your needs right now and the device will probably do as advertised...just add fuel. But like most, you'll probably find that your motor will need more then just fuel added here and there. Timing, enleanment, enrichment, and AFR adjustments to name a few.

Keep reading about tuners and what they are able to do...most likely one will be in your future.

Good luck!