Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Review with pictures: Milwaukee Bagger Two-Up Detachable Tour Pak Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
IDI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review. This is just what I was looking for. Now I got to find me cheap, used Tourpak.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Here's my 08. I also removed the grab bar. Cleaned up the rear.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carl watch those front bushing for wear, they're the weakest of the factory bushing's and looks like they'll catch the lions share of abuse with the tour pack behind the rear bushing the way it is.

That is a really good looking setup Carl, it looks like that paint is plugged into something it Glows ...good job and write up!

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 01-03-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 AM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice review, great pics. Thanks

Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this mod and only cost a couple bucks.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post4984697

Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Carl watch those front bushing for wear, they're the weakest of the factory bushing's and looks like they'll catch the lions share of abuse with the tour pack behind the rear bushing the way it is.

That is a really good looking setup Carl, it looks like that paint is plugged into something it Glows ...good job and write up!
I will be ordering a complete set of bushings soon. I've delayed doing so because MB supplied a pair of machined aluminum rear bushings with the earlier vesion rack, but I've misplaced them. I'm almost ready to declare them "lost" and order front and rear bushings.

Thanks for the props on the write-up.

Carl

Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

That is really cool looking. I cant see from your pics, but can you confirm thatr the pad of the tour pack is at the same location as sthe stock tour pack set up? I am wondering if my wife will be in the same position.

Thanks, Pierre

Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been looking at getting this item as well. Thanks for the write up. Will be adding it soon to the list of must have items

Old 01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 06BlackFLHXI
That is really cool looking. I cant see from your pics, but can you confirm thatr the pad of the tour pack is at the same location as sthe stock tour pack set up? I am wondering if my wife will be in the same position.

Thanks, Pierre
Pierre,

The pad location may be misleading because it doesn't hang straight down. It's brand new and has never had a passenger pressing against it. I included the picture with the ruler against the tail light to allow viewers to compare their bike's relative location of the tour pak against that reference point (i.e. the tail light lens) to that provided by the MB rack. The same purpose was served by the picture of the rear fender seat mounting screw; compare where your tour pak is relative to the seat's fender screw.

Also, note that there are three pairs (perhaps "sets" is a better term) of mounting holes in the MB rack and I used the most forward of the three to install the tour pak on the MB rack. So, there is an additional two or so inches of aft movement available from the pictures of my installation by using the rearmost pair of holes in the MB rack.

Carl

Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

One of you prospective buyers of this MB rack should call Nick and see if he'll provide a 20% discount from list price for HDF members buying this rack in the next 30-60 days. He did that for us back in March '09 when some of us (me included) purchased the earlier version of the two-up detachable tour pak rack. I haven't talked to him about repeating the discount with the new rack so I have no idea what he'll say about it.

Carl

Quick Reply: Quick Review with pictures: Milwaukee Bagger Two-Up Detachable Tour Pak Rack