Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio beeps electraglide

Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
tncooks
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question radio beeps electraglide

2009 electraglide, just installed new speakers, radio, & antenna works but radio beeps 3 times cutting radio off while beeping then radio comes back on does this every 10 seconds, also radio says on screen not calibrated. anyone know how to solve this?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tncooks
2009 electraglide, just installed new speakers, radio, & antenna works but radio beeps 3 times cutting radio off while beeping then radio comes back on does this every 10 seconds, also radio says on screen not calibrated. anyone know how to solve this?
A Harley dealer needs to hook-up the Digital Technician to "calibrate" the radio.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

It needs the region code set. Your dealer has to do it with the Digital Tech computer.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
tncooks
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there anyway to aviod going to the dealership?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know for sure but I would try pulling the Maxi fuse for a good 10 minutes or even overnight. Also I think I remember reading a procedure for rebooting the radio by holding in certain buttons as you power it up. Check your Owner's or Service manual.

The thought here is that there is a glitch in the system and rebooting or disabling the power to it long enough for it to reset itself might fix it. Kinda like when your computer is acting up and you reboot.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
D2R
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which radio? I went with the Biketronics Retro Radio and a Sony head unit.No beep or messages.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

is there anyway to aviod going to the dealership?

Dealer or Iron Cross Audio are probably your only options.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Is this a Sony headunit? They have a annoying beep like that as a reminder to remove the faceplate.

Last edited by acchd; 01-07-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tpmurray
Don't know for sure but I would try pulling the Maxi fuse for a good 10 minutes or even overnight. Also I think I remember reading a procedure for rebooting the radio by holding in certain buttons as you power it up. Check your Owner's or Service manual.

The thought here is that there is a glitch in the system and rebooting or disabling the power to it long enough for it to reset itself might fix it. Kinda like when your computer is acting up and you reboot.
Pulling the fuse WILL NOT fix it. It is a setting that HAS to be manually confirmed with the computer so that the radio knows what part of the world it is in.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it's a 70's radio and wants you to play the Tony Orlando song "Knock 3 Times" ? Sorry, had to say it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: radio beeps electraglide