Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uhaul motorcycle trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:51 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a beautiful 7x14 Haulmark low boy that ive had for about a year, its been used twice. It sure is nice to have when needed, although thats not often for me. I bought it so I could take all the bikes plus the family to events.. that hasnt happened either.

Rent one of you can

Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Jim Gumbel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the uhauls being junk. especially if you live in the north. The salts eat the trailers up. The frames are weak.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the little red uhaul trailer once and it worked fine. I now put my bike in the bed of my truck using ramps, I ride it up. Very cool, self sufficient and a 1 man job.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior

Used or new a trailer is a good investment. I live in a neighborhood that has covenants and can't have a trailer sitting around on the street or on your lot.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I also wanted a 'used' enclosed and looked for a long time... weight and ease was what I was looking for.. I have a 08 Toyota Highlander and wanted the best MPG I could... I bought the trailer before I retired so I just bit the bullet and had Wells Cargo build a 5X8 enclosed, Ramp and V nose - inside I installed the http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/ I don't used it all that much - but when I do, it works great and the bike is VERY secure and the MPG on the Highlander runs about 18 so, it workable..

With the Roberts loading system... I can load my Bagger by my self and I am 5'6" and 59 years old...

in the V-nose I have installed alum shelfs for gear and with the side door - I can reach everything just fine.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny D
Used or new a trailer is a good investment. I live in a neighborhood that has covenants and can't have a trailer sitting around on the street or on your lot.
That's my issue too, no outside storage of trailers, and my two stall garage (and three spot driveway) is already overflowing with four cars and two bikes, not to mention snowblower, lawn mower, etc.

I need to move.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:33 AM
MadIrish
Tourer

sorry...response posted to Wrong thread...weird.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts

I have a one car garage with a bike lift and two bikes so the 2k I spent on a 6x12 enclosed wells Fargo , used, was well worth the money. When I trailer to Florida I rent a trailer house and use my trailer as a garage. Well worth it to me and when my bud's belt broke I drove home got the trailer and saved him some money on tow service. Now I'm looking to get a bigger all aluminum , used if I can find one ata decent price . I will still keep my other trailer for storage and to move my riding mower if I need to.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
We have a Ford Explorer and U-Haul refused to rent us a motorcycle trailer, due to BS lawsuits with this SUV many years ago. They have no problem with the Mountaineer but don't wanna hear about the Explorer. Same friggin' SUV, just a different name, you morons!
Anyway, since U-Haul motorcycle trailers are junk, it was no big deal. I'm talking about the small red motorcycle trailers they rent for 15 or 20 bucks a day.
they wont rent to you if you are using a jeep either.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Have 7x12 Haulmark, just got home from Fl trip, hauled 2 Ultra's. I can park the trailer in parking garage at condo if need too and roll it around by hand. Throw bike's, luggage in trailer, Wife & Kids in truck head south

Quick Reply: Uhaul motorcycle trailer