Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Install Help - Bullet Turn Signal Retro Fit Kit (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/467414-install-help-bullet-turn-signal-retro-fit-kit.html)

Badbagger 01-18-2010 03:22 PM

Install Help - Bullet Turn Signal Retro Fit Kit

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a set of Bullet Style Turn Signals for the front of my scooter - Electra Glide Classic. Did a few mods today since I am still waiting for the powder coater parts to arrive Wednesday. Anyway the kit part is 69153-03 - Pic attached. I figured this would be quick and easy and lol NOT. Removed the stock lolipop turn signals and voila... the wiring from the aux lamp is indeed a part of the wiring enclosed in the heat shrink as it is from the factory. The wiring on the actual bullet lights contain 3 wires and add in the 4th for the aux lighting which is all running to the socket housing which has 4 channels. I am SO far and away removed from being wiring guru so anyone that's done this mod, please chime on in with any suggestions you can that may make my job easier. It's readily apparent that I'll need to use the stock 6 way wiring housing and remove the 3 original wires that came from the lolipop turn signal and then connect the wiring from the new bullets. Pic attached to show the lights I am speaking of. With this kit, the stock "towel bar" is retained.

dawg 01-18-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Badbagger (Post 6114255)
I am still waiting for the powder coater parts to arrive Wednesday.

:icon_woot: Let me know how they came out.

Badbagger 01-18-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by dawg (Post 6114323)
:icon_woot: Let me know how they came out.

Hey sure will Brad. Was actually bout to PM you. Scott sent them out to me on Friday.

dawg 01-18-2010 04:56 PM

The kit comes with a 6-way housing I believe for that reason. I haven't installed one, so I can't help ya out there.

Badbagger 01-18-2010 05:06 PM

Indeed... I actually got the bullets only for a great deal on ebay. Found some install instructions I prolly go by my stealer this week to pickup a couple of small things.

ashmarc 02-20-2010 08:35 PM

Badbagger,
Did you get this done?

If not, I did this mod yesterday, it's some work but not a big deal.

PM me and I'll walk ya through it if you want.

Badbagger 02-21-2010 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by ashmarc (Post 6284928)
Badbagger,
Did you get this done?

If not, I did this mod yesterday, it's some work but not a big deal.

PM me and I'll walk ya through it if you want.

Sure did and thanks. Lil bit of wiring and some solder.

ashmarc 02-21-2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Badbagger (Post 6285934)
Sure did and thanks. Lil bit of wiring and some solder.

Excellent....

....sweet mod eh?

Badbagger 02-21-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by ashmarc (Post 6286651)
Excellent....

....sweet mod eh?

Sure is... now I've got matching fronts and rears lol.

krmeade1 06-01-2010 08:43 AM

Bullet lights

Just bought the same kit that you did for my Ultra Classic not a wiring guru either was wondering how you did the front bullets my wiring goes up into the fairing and I don't know if I have to remove that also! Already removed the headlight assembly. Thank for any possible help!

Originally Posted by Badbagger (Post 6114255)
Picked up a set of Bullet Style Turn Signals for the front of my scooter - Electra Glide Classic. Did a few mods today since I am still waiting for the powder coater parts to arrive Wednesday. Anyway the kit part is 69153-03 - Pic attached. I figured this would be quick and easy and lol NOT. Removed the stock lolipop turn signals and voila... the wiring from the aux lamp is indeed a part of the wiring enclosed in the heat shrink as it is from the factory. The wiring on the actual bullet lights contain 3 wires and add in the 4th for the aux lighting which is all running to the socket housing which has 4 channels. I am SO far and away removed from being wiring guru so anyone that's done this mod, please chime on in with any suggestions you can that may make my job easier. It's readily apparent that I'll need to use the stock 6 way wiring housing and remove the 3 original wires that came from the lolipop turn signal and then connect the wiring from the new bullets. Pic attached to show the lights I am speaking of. With this kit, the stock "towel bar" is retained.