Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right side Handlebar Switch Controls

Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Right side Handlebar Switch Controls

Does anyone know where I can get the Right Side Handlebar Switch Controls for a 2005 Ultra Classic (cruise/radio)? The button/switch for my cruise control (set/resume) doens't always want to make contact, actually its loose. I checked HD website and they only offer it w/o cruise & radio. Nothing on Ebay either.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Did you upgrade the controls to chrome? If so I found that the Drag Specialties chrome housing puts the cruise control switch at the wrong angle. I had the same issue with my cruise switch not making contact most of the time. The switch stud collar would contact the right side of the opening preventing the switch from working right. I ground away a bit of the metal holding the switch and shimmed the right side of the switch to angle it more to the left so it made better contact.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Did you upgrade the controls to chrome? If so I found that the Drag Specialties chrome housing puts the cruise control switch at the wrong angle. I had the same issue with my cruise switch not making contact most of the time. The switch stud collar would contact the right side of the opening preventing the switch from working right. I ground away a bit of the metal holding the switch and shimmed the right side of the switch to angle it more to the left so it made better contact.
Nope, switches are stock.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

PM Dawg with your model/year bike. HD sells the cruise switch as a replacement part and Dawg can provide the p/n; or, stop by an HD store's parts counter. You will need to cut the wires of the old switch to remove it, and splice the wires from the new switch to those wires when you reassemble.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:38 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
PM Dawg with your model/year bike. HD sells the cruise switch as a replacement part and Dawg can provide the p/n; or, stop by an HD store's parts counter. You will need to cut the wires of the old switch to remove it, and splice the wires from the new switch to those wires when you reassemble.
I was thinking more on the lines of the entire assembly, then just connect it from within the fairing. I could buy the eintrie CC kit, but it would be a waste of $ considering I don't need the module.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Should have suggested earlier that you open the switch housing and see if the cruise switch had come loose inside the housing. The switch may be fine and simply needs to be repositioned inside the lower housing.

If you have the willingness/skill to swap out the right side switch harness, you have the skill to swap out the cruise switch and splice a couple of wires.

Good luck with your project.