Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Rinhart TD's what are they worth? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/477798-rinhart-tds-what-are-they-worth.html)

cmtbasser 02-15-2010 12:10 PM

Rinhart TD's what are they worth?

Guys, I am thinking of switching exhaust on my bagger, With the stretched rear end I want to go with Rush Upslashes so the back of my bike looks like the bikes below. To buy the stuff I would sell my Rineharts and then get a V&H TD header and a pair of Rush Mufflers. I see used Rinehart slip ons sell for pretty good money but have not seen a used entire set sell. I would sell just mufflers but by the sounds of it there isn't much demand for a two inch header side slip on. Any input?

patriotmc 02-15-2010 12:21 PM

Since the Rinehart and Bub true dual systems use the 2" header, the slipons won't work on stock exhaust. That's why you can't see them as slipons. Unless someone needs to replace just that part and they are currently running the RH or Bub system, you'll probably have to sell as a complete unit. I know that new, they run around $900. My service tech had just taken off a brand new Bub 7 TD (guy put it on and his wife complained it was too loud - go figure). He was going to sell it to me for $450, save him the hassle of selling/shipping. I decided to go with a set of Rinehard slip ons for my stock exhaust instead.

Just giving you some perspective. You might try to look on ebay and see if any are out there to get some idea of what they might sell for. I got a great deal on my RH slipons... $200 from a forum member. Another member had a set with only 500 miles for $275.

Good luck

cmtbasser 02-15-2010 12:28 PM

rush

yeh the 15302-200 would fit the RH pipe , I missed out on a set on here last week that sold for $250. I agree I would have to sell this set complete to make the switch.

THABULL 02-15-2010 12:41 PM

Sold mine a while back for $450!

TheShrink 02-15-2010 12:46 PM

When you decide on a price, drop me a line, if they will fit an '05 Ultra. My Bro In Law is looking for a TD system.

cmtbasser 02-15-2010 01:07 PM

will do

Originally Posted by TheShrink (Post 6256443)
When you decide on a price, drop me a line, if they will fit an '05 Ultra. My Bro In Law is looking for a TD system.

I would think they would fit they are on my 06 SG right now. As soon as Ron from Pipe City gets me the numbers on the new stuff I will see if I can pull it off.

TheShrink 02-15-2010 02:25 PM

As luck would have it, my Bro In Law has Rush slip on's that are upslash. Either way, let me know if you would.

cmtbasser 02-15-2010 04:33 PM

10-4

Originally Posted by TheShrink (Post 6256846)
As luck would have it, my Bro In Law has Rush slip on's that are upslash. Either way, let me know if you would.

Will do, I should have more of a plan tomorrow. Does he just have the mufflers and stock headers?

slim55g 02-15-2010 05:33 PM

I bought a used set of V/H true duals ( flawless) (he was asking 325.00) & he had Python slipons (Asking 250.00) They were on C-list for 2 weeks, i sent him an E-mail ,offered him 200.00 for both, a week later, he called me. I got them both for $250.00 It depends!!!!!!