Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   RG Hog Tune tweeter pods (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/478641-rg-hog-tune-tweeter-pods.html)

txbanshee 02-17-2010 02:25 PM

RG Hog Tune tweeter pods

So I am about to order some add on's tomorrow and wanted to get some feed back.

I am upgrading to the "RoadGlide Speaker/Amp Kit with NEW 5"x 7" Speakers" by Hog Tunes. I am also thinking about adding the "HF-2RG RoadGlide Tweeter Pod"

Has anyone installed this setup yet, and how did it turn out, Big upgrade from stock ?

I am also going to blackout front end so will go ahead and upgrade to the gold valve emulators too.

With plans on riding to Sturgis this year comfort is a must!

Cyphilis 02-17-2010 05:11 PM

I've been eyeballing those 5 x 7 speakers as well. I have the tweeter pod on order, and will write a review here, along with one at roadglideforums.com on my results. They are starting to ship this week, so in a week or so I should have mine and plan on putting them on right away. I'm gonna wait on the 5 x 7's for now, to see if I even need them after the tweeter pods.

DR. V-TWIN 02-17-2010 05:26 PM

Do you guys want us to price out a combo pack including the 5x7 and Road Glide tweeter pods?

Shawn

Cyphilis 02-17-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN (Post 6268403)
Do you guys want us to price out a combo pack including the 5x7 and Road Glide tweeter pods?

Shawn

My wife would kill me right now, we are just about to finish closing on a new home... but, you hooked me with that $159 deal on the tweeter pods Doc!! Maybe in the future if I need more ooomph I'll hit ya up on to see if you'll deal me on the 5 x 7 setup. ;)

DR. V-TWIN 02-17-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cyphilis (Post 6268417)
My wife would kill me right now, we are just about to finish closing on a new home... but, you hooked me with that $159 deal on the tweeter pods Doc!! Maybe in the future if I need more ooomph I'll hit ya up on to see if you'll deal me on the 5 x 7 setup. ;)

Of course we will deal on the Hogtunes Road Glide 5x7 kits.

Here are the prices separate and packaged together:

Hogtunes Road Glide Tweeter Pod: $159.95 SHIPPED! RETAIL: $199.95
Hogtunes Road Glide 5x7 Speaker/Amp kit: $299.95 SHIPPED! RETAIL: $379.95

Packaged together: $425.00 SHIPPED!!

Let us know how you like these prices and if we can get enough buyers, we can see if the big boss man will let us go even LOWER!

Shawn

honorsdaddy 02-17-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN (Post 6268471)
Of course we will deal on the Hogtunes Road Glide 5x7 kits.

Here are the prices separate and packaged together:

Hogtunes Road Glide Tweeter Pod: $159.95 SHIPPED! RETAIL: $199.95
Hogtunes Road Glide 5x7 Speaker/Amp kit: $299.95 SHIPPED! RETAIL: $379.95

Packaged together: $425.00 SHIPPED!!

Let us know how you like these prices and if we can get enough buyers, we can see if the big boss man will let us go even LOWER!

Shawn

What are these 5x7s of which you speak? Is this an upgrade even over the new 7.25s?

DR. V-TWIN 02-17-2010 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy (Post 6268673)
What are these 5x7s of which you speak? Is this an upgrade even over the new 7.25s?

those are the Hogtunes 5x7's. We like the J&M's better these are not bad.

honorsdaddy 02-17-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN (Post 6268685)
those are the Hogtunes 5x7's. We like the J&M's better these are not bad.

I realized after I posted that you were talking Hogtunes not J&M.

Are the J&M's REALLY that good? I know you're selling em and all, but Im the opposite of an RUB - more like a PUB (POOR urban biker), so I make a point to be VERY choosy on where I spend upgrade money...

DR. V-TWIN 02-17-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy (Post 6268707)
I realized after I posted that you were talking Hogtunes not J&M.

Are the J&M's REALLY that good? I know you're selling em and all, but Im the opposite of an RUB - more like a PUB (POOR urban biker), so I make a point to be VERY choosy on where I spend upgrade money...

Yes, the J&M's are amazing! We have them in stock for your Road Glide and you save a bit of cash as you really don't need the amp.

Road Glide J&M 7.25" speakers are in stock at: $222.00 SHIPPED!

Shawn

Puzzled 02-17-2010 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN (Post 6268773)
Yes, the J&M's are amazing! We have them in stock for your Road Glide and you save a bit of cash as you really don't need the amp.

Road Glide J&M 7.25" speakers are in stock at: $222.00 SHIPPED!

Shawn

Where can I see a pic of the chrome grills? Everything on the J&M site looked to be black. Also I didn't see the answer in the other long thread on what the RMS of these speakers are.