Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide vs Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM
pennstater
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Road Glide vs Street Glide

I sold my Customized 2008 Street Glide this past summer, I wasn't attached to it because they seem to be a dime a dozen. I went to the local dealer and took a Road Glide out for a demo ride. The bike was great until i got on the Highway. It cut through the air just fine, but I found myself trying to lay down on the gas tank to get out of the wind. I am 5'7" and my street glide had the stock windshield on which worked great. I don't mind wind, but the road glide was horrible. I know you could put a 16" clearview or bailys windshield on, but it takes away from the looks of the bike. Everybody seems to dislike the klock works windshield. I realy didn't want to buy another street glide, does anyone have any advice. Atleast the new frame makes a big difference.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:55 PM
justthetip
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my Road Glide last week and you are right about the wind. I didn't like the look of the Klock Werks windshield either so I ordered the 10" Windvest, Gunsmoke tint. I will be installing it this weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

not being critical, just wondering what was a dime a dozen about a streetglide?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Consider getting the seat cut down by MCC and getting a slightly taller windshield.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year Road Glide? 2010?...the one without a windshield? Seriously, that is a bad comparison in my opinion. The stock windshield on a 2010 looks great but is about as useful as no windshield.

I love my 12 KW with lower fairings. I also have a low profile Danny Gray seat...I'm telling you, I can drive my bike 12+ hour in one day with no wind fatigue. Not sure why people bad mouth this shield. I rode my friend's stock street glide and there was absolutely no comparison IMO when it came to wind. Probably due to my lowers and shield combo...who knows but I'm telling you, no comparison.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:47 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dad has the 09 cvo with the cee bailys cvo windshield on it and the bike looks great and he can smoke a cigar when he rides and hes 6 ft tall.

That 2010 windshield on the stock street glide and road glide is no windshield at all its the left over scraps from a real windshield serves no purpose at all.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this is the one he has
http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/fltr_ssc_serg_ws.html

he tried the klock works and also the bigger HD windshield in clear by the way that one made one trip he didn't like how it looked if anyone is interested its for sale.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gtsdesigns
not being critical, just wondering what was a dime a dozen about a streetglide?
Are you joking? just about everyone has a street glide or a batwing fairing bike and just about all the rest have heritages. If you don't belive me go to your local dealer this weekend...

I myself wish a had a raod glide.. hell i thought they were badass back when every one thought they ugly, now they are turing into the next street glide

Last edited by Kevin's_09FXDF; 03-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:01 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

...... don't get a Road Glide. they're fugly & folks'll point as you ride past.
... the dual headlight profile will confuse batwingers, prompting late, hastily initiated 'waves' & knowing head nods
...... extraordinarily attractive women will beg for you to give them a ride on your 'is that really a Harley Davidson' motorcycle
.............. and you will agree to do so.
.... ............ you know you will!
.....and then, .... then you'll get a pair of lowers...... and you won't believe you ever considered another Street Glide.

Last edited by groupw; 03-06-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by Kevin's_09FXDF
Are you joking? just about everyone has a street glide or a batwing fairing bike and just about all the rest have heritages. If you don't belive me go to your local dealer this weekend...

I myself wish a had a raod glide.. hell i thought they were badass back when every one thought they ugly, now they are turing into the next street glide
not to hijack your thread, but make it your own... its kind of hard to have something that someone else doesnt have or hasnt had, so just make it your own

Quick Reply: Road Glide vs Street Glide