Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flush mounted LED Tail light questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Some nice looking bikes. The leds on the RG look good but I would want more as well. People are too busy doing other things while they are driving these days. The Native Bagger stuff loks sharp too.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I did. Completely invisible when off but when on it is very bright and easily visible even in the day. Took a while to get the right led units in there, alot of trial and error but these ones are really bright and the best/worst part of it all is that these were the cheapest ones too.

Attached Thumbnails Flush mounted LED Tail light questions-2010-01-27-14.21.31.jpg   Flush mounted LED Tail light questions-2010-02-24-08.20.17.jpg   Flush mounted LED Tail light questions-2010-02-23-19.21.54.jpg  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:00 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xtremechopper
This is what I did. Completely invisible when off but when on it is very bright and easily visible even in the day. Took a while to get the right led units in there, alot of trial and error but these ones are really bright and the best/worst part of it all is that these were the cheapest ones too.
Very nice. Did you make the LED boards yourself? Where in MA are ya?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

believe it or not the led units are led trailer lights that I wired in. They are real small and only needed a little modification to fit in.
I am located in Marlborough, you from here too?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

believe it or not the led units are led trailer lights that I wired in. They are real small and only needed a little modification to fit in.
I am located in Marlborough, you from here too?
Good idea...do you have them wired up as run brake w/a hi/lo?

Not too far...Derry, NH

Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

Yes, they are wired as run/turn/brake. They are setup to be run as run and brake so I have an inline converter on the brake side for turn also. Thanks for the compliments. Good thing was that it only cost under $120 for 6 units compared to the other led panels I tried that were $100 plus a piece. And these ones seem to be alot brighter plus come in a nice sealed enclosure. I have them velcroed on the bag individually so just in case one fails it will be an easy replacement.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:57 AM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

How in the hell did you DO that?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

Yes, they are wired as run/turn/brake. They are setup to be run as run and brake so I have an inline converter on the brake side for turn also. Thanks for the compliments. Good thing was that it only cost under $120 for 6 units compared to the other led panels I tried that were $100 plus a piece. And these ones seem to be alot brighter plus come in a nice sealed enclosure. I have them velcroed on the bag individually so just in case one fails it will be an easy replacement.
That's actually a great idea. I have the LED lights on my car trailer and they are bright as hell.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 PM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy
How in the hell did you DO that?

Which part the leds or the invisible part?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM
neano62
Tourer

Originally Posted by mslater741
Paul installed one of his hidden antennas in my fairing. i dont want anything cluttering up my back end. i havent heard it, or seen it yet....but i trust his abilities and taste to know whatever he uses it has to be decent.
Is Yaffe doing your bike over...? Did I read on another forum that were involved in a contusion...? If so... what are you having Yaffe do?

Quick Reply: Flush mounted LED Tail light questions