Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yaffe MBB & Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Yaffe MBB & Mirrors?

Took my first ride Sunday with my new Yafffe 10" MBB and quickly realized that the stock fairing mirrors won't cut it. So now the search is on for LOW PROFILE mirrors for the bars. I don't like the look of mirrors above the fairing so I'm looking for a low as I can go BUT functional. Let's share some pix of those of you that went to bar mirrors.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have the same bars and put these on that i picked up from J&P. Low profile and I think they look pretty cool. Not as useful as the stock mirrors, but still usable.

also filled the mirror holes with Yaffe Bagga Chips....they look pretty cool too, but are ridiculously expensive for what they are (fortunately i had some gift cards)

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/760-899

Old 03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Chalk, I've seen those on website pages but not in person. Would like to see them on your bars. I also came across these.

Attached Thumbnails Yaffe MBB & Mirrors?-t2ec16rhjg-e9nm3qvlcbrljdkoukq-60_12.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master

I snapped a couple but can't post em. Computer went in for repair today and on my phone now. Ill post when I get laptop fired up.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,402 Likes on 21,386 Posts

Yep, that's the bad thing about fairing bikes, is you're really limited on what you can use for bars. That's why I stuck with Khromewerks Sweepers +2, very comfy and still work with the stock mirrors which suck anyway. I changed those out too.

Then if you get real bold and try to get apes or even the mini ones, not much of anything works anymore for mirrors. You'll probably have to go low profile or hang them upside down which looks lame too.

Good luck!!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master

hers a pic of mine....

Attached Thumbnails Yaffe MBB & Mirrors?-mirrrors.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Not many selections out there

Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by dugan
Took my first ride Sunday with my new Yafffe 10" MBB and quickly realized that the stock fairing mirrors won't cut it. So now the search is on for LOW PROFILE mirrors for the bars. I don't like the look of mirrors above the fairing so I'm looking for a low as I can go BUT functional. Let's share some pix of those of you that went to bar mirrors.
If you would had went with 12" you would have been ok with the fairing mounted mirrors. With 10" you have no choice but to go with mirrors above the fairing even with the lower profile mirrors. I have a few pics on my page you can check out to get a feel of what the lower profile looks like.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You either need them above the bars or wayyyy below the bars. I flipped my stock mirrors on the Fatboy and never had use unless I moved my arm and those mirrors hang fairly low. But looking at my sig it might be different since my apes were high and your arms are probably pointing down.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kesean
If you would had went with 12" you would have been ok with the fairing mounted mirrors. With 10" you have no choice but to go with mirrors above the fairing even with the lower profile mirrors. I have a few pics on my page you can check out to get a feel of what the lower profile looks like.
That was the first thing I noticed after installing my 12" MBB's this week - 'Hey, I can still use my fairing mirrors!'. Well, that was the second thing.. First was 'These bars look AWESOME!'.

Quick Reply: Yaffe MBB & Mirrors?