Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields X-Stream Shield review

Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields X-Stream Shield review

Bike: 2008 FLHX
Seat: 2008 FLTR
Height 5'8"
Previous Shield Clearview 6.5" recurve

7" Gen1 Shield: Did not fit with the Harley Davidson Radar detector, so I removed the detector and mounted the shield, after mounting the shield I realized that there was some flaws in the forming of the shield. The radius appeared to be off it would not mount on the bike at all. I contacted Long Ride Shields for another shield this time an 8"

8" Gen2 shield: The shield mounted up fine, there were some gaps between the shield and fairing that others have seen. You have to push down in the center of the shield to get the center hole to line up, Its a BIG hole. The 8" Shield cleared the HD radar detector just fine. The performance of the shield was great! Buffeting was minimal, Stability was excellent appearance was great apart from the small gaps. I sent the shield back for a Gen3 8" that had some addition fitment issues resolved...

8" Gen3 Shield: Fitment around the fairing is great, the center hole issue has been resolved as well as the fairing gaps! The "overall" design seems to have changed and I am not too sure what I think now. I liked this shield initially because it was not so "swept" back. With the changes that have been made with this GEN3 shield it is MUCH more swept back so much more so that it has adversely effected the coverage/protection that it once provided. During this last test ride I got much more buffeting and wind than before. I believe that the fitment of the shield has improved greatly.... not too sure where the overall design went on this last Gen....

Keep up the good work guys Lets see some more shields!

Last edited by Duke of HD; 04-13-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Branded 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think I'll wait for gen 10, might be perfect by then

Old 04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
bjones
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my x stream 2 in for the classic recurve, I like the recurve alot better.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I jusst ordered the Ultra Flip uo

Originally Posted by bjones
I traded my x stream 2 in for the classic recurve, I like the recurve alot better.
I just ordered the Ultra flip up. I almost ordered the x-stream instead...from what I'm reading on here I'm glad I didn't.
-clutch-