Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Custom Upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
my06NT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the bike, I as well have a 05 RK Custom and love it. I as well have changed out the bars (HD street slammers) and went to a Mustang solo seat.
I also went with a 95 build and have been very happy with it.

The one thing I would like to swap, is the rear end from the new street glide. I love that filled in back fender with the hard bags, that will be my next upgrade, but will go with the aftermarket as HD stuff is too much $$$$$$

Have fun

Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
alphadog001
Tourer

Originally Posted by my06NT
Congrats on the bike, I as well have a 05 RK Custom and love it. I as well have changed out the bars (HD street slammers) and went to a Mustang solo seat.
I also went with a 95 build and have been very happy with it.

The one thing I would like to swap, is the rear end from the new street glide. I love that filled in back fender with the hard bags, that will be my next upgrade, but will go with the aftermarket as HD stuff is too much $$$$$$

Have fun
Hey my06NT, do you have any other pics of your bike with those street slammers?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
dietdewboy
Tourer

I use a piece of pipe insulation between the head light and the cut out at the bottom of the windshield, works great. Got it at the Home Depot its for 1/2" copper pipe amd its self adhesive. I had a Mustang seat on it, moved me way to far forward, I was living on the highway pegs, I'm 6' tall. Now I have a Corbin classic and love it!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 PM
gafirefighter
Intermediate

I am now looking at the CC Seats Sport Tour Seat. Just wondering if anyone has used it and how it compared to Mustang or Corbin?

Thanks,

Adam

Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
catracho
Road Captain

Love my Road King Custom (FLHRS) 2007 Suede Blue.

The modifications: the exhaust, SE Filter and the handlebars, went to drags bars 1.5" thick.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Spartacus55
Cruiser

I have an 07 rk flhr with rinehart tru duals ids progressive touring brace se 103 kit rider and pass floorboard extenders sissy bar and luggage rack chromed the stock 9 spokes mini beast air horn wild 1's chubby 14 in apes cruise control chrome calipers michelin commander tires pass grab rail with rubber inserts license plate relocation kit and the matching small blinkers in the front stainless cables se 103 air cleaner flame pinsstriping on tank fenders and side covers and saaddlebags by dan kite it's suede blue and vivid black and it will be the last bike i will ever own i love it.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:09 AM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer

Well, I got the original...a 2004 RK Custom. (1) Changed the seat to a Corbin Classic Solo. (2) Dumped the "windscreen" and put on a regular RK clamp cover with the spear. (3) New bars...went with Wild 1 509s. (4) Switched out the wheels for spokes and whitewalls. (5) Somewhere in there, powdercoated just about every piece of chrome I could pull off!

The RK Custom is my first (and only) Harley and I love it! Just turned 43000 miles. Enjoy!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:05 AM
gafirefighter
Intermediate

That really is a great looking bike. I love the blacked out look, but it just will not work as well with my pearl white paint job. I sent an e-mail to cc seats to see if they can hook me up with what I am looking for. I will get back with you all later.

Adam

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM
gafirefighter
Intermediate

I took the bike into the local guy I use today to have a few things done. While I was there I was talking with him about saddles. I had a chance to sit on a customers bike that has a Corbin Dual Tour on it. All I can say is that I have never sat on a better feeling seat. This may end up being a hard choice.

Adam

Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by razoraggie

As for the hard bags, how would one put Police bags on a Custom? Wouldn't you have to remove the under bag support that the leather bags sit on?
the hard bags on a custom fit the same as the police bags (or other abs bags). you might have to adjust the upper mounting points where the dzus pins fit, but otherwise, its a direct swap.

Quick Reply: Road King Custom Upgrades...