Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gel pad for passenger

Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by darrinfish
Thanks all just didnt want to spend the money on a seat, but guess it is gonna happen so might as well get it over with!!
Wise choice.

Seats are like rear shocks! There is the risk of trying one variety of pad, then another, etc until, having spent the price of a seat on every available type of pad, you give up and buy a GOOD seat. Don't cut corners on your new seat, otherwise (go to start of paragraph!).

Spend once.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered Alaska Leather Butt Pad. Called and talked to the girl, very friendly and helpful. Order online and put 'deadsheep' (no quotes) in the coupon box for 10% off!
Can't wait to try this thing out.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
audettd
Tourer

We also went out and spent money on a gel pad for my wife (and me)...this didn't get us anything but poorer. They sucked so bad it wasn't funny. A new seat from Mustang is what did it....no more issues after that.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Blue Duck
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check out this post I made in the General Forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-rear-end.html

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
WideBoy04
Cruiser

I'll bet no matter what touring seat you choose, if you put a
long hair sheepskin on it she will never want to take it off.

Jim

Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Gayleforce
3rd Gear

okay i hear what all is saying. there are other considerations that i need to look at. the others are that we have a mustang heated seat. my loving beautiful will not give it up and i must admit that on the coldest rides it has come in handy.

sheepskin with gel? any ideas we are gong on a 4000 mile ride over 10 days.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

There is nothing you can do to the rear passenger section of a Street Glide seat to make it comfy.
This should work though: http://www.buttybuddy.com/

Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 PM
karbar99
Club Member

Ok so here's the deal. My wife normally rides her bike (Sportster) but when we do longer trips or go through busy cities she likes to ride on the back of my street glide, but she doesn't like the stock seat. Since she doesn't ride with me that often I dont want to buy a new seat. Can anyone recomend a afordable gel pad that will fit on the back of the stock seat that makes it more comfortable.
Thanks in advance.
If you want to keep your SG seat and it's comfy for you, I recommend an "Airhawk" for when the wife rides.
The SG seat verses any of the others mentioned will change the look of the bike but yes it's your choice.
I would give her an Airhawk. The Original Airhawk, size medium, can be purchased for $130 shipped.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:08 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by karbar99
If you want to keep your SG seat and it's comfy for you, I recommend an "Airhawk" for when the wife rides.
The SG seat verses any of the others mentioned will change the look of the bike but yes it's your choice.
I would give her an Airhawk. The Original Airhawk, size medium, can be purchased for $130 shipped.
We are allowed to have more than one seat! If style is so important when solo, sit on what you like. When carrying the most important person in your life make sure SHE is comfortable. Only she can be a judge of that and don't cut corners! There is no add-on pad that is suitable for a loving passenger.

If you are concerned about passenger comfort, especially over a long journey, change the darned shocks first, preferably tyre brand as well.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM
karbar99
Club Member

Ok so here's the deal. My wife normally rides her bike (Sportster) but when we do longer trips or go through busy cities she likes to ride on the back of my street glide, but she doesn't like the stock seat. Since she doesn't ride with me that often I dont want to buy a new seat. Can anyone recomend a afordable gel pad that will fit on the back of the stock seat that makes it more comfortable.
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by grbrown
We are allowed to have more than one seat! If style is so important when solo, sit on what you like. When carrying the most important person in your life make sure SHE is comfortable. Only she can be a judge of that and don't cut corners! There is no add-on pad that is suitable for a loving passenger.

If you are concerned about passenger comfort, especially over a long journey, change the darned shocks first, preferably tyre brand as well.
Ok, now I went back the read the OP's first post. I see now he was not only referring to "go through busy cities" like park yours and ride with me thing, but I overlooked the "when we do longer trips" as in 2up all day. Yes, for the "when we do longer trips" make "her" comfortable with a better seat.
When my wife decides to park her bike, which is rare, to ride with me on a short jont (i.e. across town) on my SG she accepts "my" seat and I'll let her use my Airhawk.
So yes you are correct to say, "We are allowed to have more than one seat" but he did mention he didn't want to buy a new seat and was looking for seat pad options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gel pad for passenger