Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kiwi Boot Polish for leather saddlebags?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I missed most of these comments...went at it after my second post. I never did get to a polishing cloth, just a light back-'n-forth with the medium bristle brush. They came out looking very nice! I will probably hit them with the brush again after the polish has had some time to set/dry/harden. There were some nasty marks on the right lid from some numbers they I-D'd the bike with at auction...looked like tape residue, but was actually from the smooth leather "skin" being lifted...

After the Kiwi, the marks are nearly gone...ya gotta be closer than 5' and have the light just right to see them. Thanks for all the recommendations; I'll file them for future ref.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
TheBagger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used some Kiwi Scuff Cover on some leather stuff I had like belts and even the wifes purse and it made everything look like new. The Scuff Cover stuff must have dye in it because it just makes any imperfection disapear. I found it in black and brown at Walmart. I'm sure it would work better than just polish.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Bagger...I'll look for it.