Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RHINO LINER, to coat saddlebag lids?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Tuner beat me to it. I was thinking about that clear plastic that you can put over painted surfaces.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There used to be a guy on here selling the 3M clear sheeting. I am not sure what happened to him. I am considering having the bottom 3-5 inches of my hard bags coated, they are getting beat up from all the gravel and asphalt I ride through going to work. I saw a ad for one of the spray in liner that has a slick finish for boat bottoms,etc. Not sure what brand. I would look for the clear film before spraying(or having it done)bed liner on the lids.

Joe

Old 05-04-2010, 06:10 PM
kuma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here you go seen this at Leesburg Bike Fest

Didnt look bad

Attached Thumbnails RHINO LINER, to coat saddlebag lids?-leesburg-bikefest-2010-204.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I was thinking about putting the Rhino liner on the in side of the front fender,

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHy not put the HD leather lid covers on them. Catalog has them.
Just a thought
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-15.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-16.png[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-13.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-14.png[/IMG]

Old 05-05-2010, 01:39 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

the rhino liner i was thinking of using was a spray on stuff that you can add the sand into, however while spraying the liner in the sides of my 57 rahchero before installing the aluminum diamond plate, i did not put the sand in the mix. the stuff stays sorta shiny, but has a little bit of texture. i thought it would make the lids of the saddlebags much more forgiving when i do happen to drag a heel of toe across the top of the lid. i don't like the vinyl kind that harley and mustang sell to cover the lids. with my streetglide being vivid black, it shouldn't stand out much, and might work great to increase durability. i'm tall, and generally don't end up dragging a foot across the bag, but there have been times that i have and rubbing out the minor smudges could eventually rub through the clearcoat. the thought of the 3-M clear plastic would work fine, if there were a way to avoid bubbles while installing. there's a method of soapy water and a squeegie i guess. oh well. i think i've had to rub out the top about three times in the past two years, so it's not a big deal.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Maybe take a look on e-bay for some lids, i've seen them on there pretty cheap, and since you'll be coating them anyways, color shouldn't matter. That way if you don't like the results it won't cost you big money to change it back. Good luck and please post some pics if you decide to give it a whirl.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

I would try it on a cheap set of lids first. Personally I would try the 3M type clear plastic sheets first. A buddy of mine restores old cars and puts them on the rockers and man, you cant even tell that stuff is there. Looks good!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
darrinfish
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
Feel bad for the guy, great paint job gone to waste at the hands of unsupervised kids. Not a fan of the Rhino!!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 AM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

These look good and really work. http://www.ridetek.com/

Quick Reply: RHINO LINER, to coat saddlebag lids?