Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Hot Bike Bagger mag... growing disappointed (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/514619-hot-bike-bagger-mag-growing-disappointed.html)

steveh326 05-13-2010 07:16 AM

Hot Bike Bagger mag... growing disappointed

I don't know whether it's me or the mag, but the mag and I are growing apart... last several issues featured nothing but fugly (IMO) bikes, for 2 or 3 months there seemed to be nothing but lowrider-style bikes featured... now this new issue with the 'Hell Ride' article pushed me over the edge... I KNOW riding is dangerous, so is eating fried food and stress, I don't need a 2-issue article with a terrible ending to drive that fact home to me.

not sure whether I'll cancel my sub or just not renew it.

Spur56 05-13-2010 07:28 AM

+1 Really not much good stuff in it.

THABULL 05-13-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by steveh326 (Post 6707198)
I don't know whether it's me or the mag, but the mag and I are growing apart... last several issues featured nothing but fugly (IMO) bikes, for 2 or 3 months there seemed to be nothing but lowrider-style bikes featured... now this new issue with the 'Hell Ride' article pushed me over the edge... I KNOW riding is dangerous, so is eating fried food and stress, I don't need a 2-issue article with a terrible ending to drive that fact home to me.

not sure whether I'll cancel my sub or just not renew it.

I was looking threw it in a store , read the article , thought WTF and put it back down!

FastHoss 05-13-2010 07:36 AM

Dressers are not choppers,no matter what your pirate neighbor says.Keep the dresser and pirate chops seperate please.

96roadking 05-13-2010 07:40 AM

Gun Mags, Bike mags, their biggest advertisers have a lot to do with their content and the results of their "tests". Might as well stick with Easy Rider for the eye candy!

klemay 05-13-2010 08:16 AM

+1 96Roadking......gotta luv the eye candy...

lp 05-13-2010 08:23 AM

That Mag is just eye candy. Nothing really to learn from it.

Not that I care, but I noticed they are F-Bombing now (or more). Rule of thumb typically is once you enter vulgarity into what should be Professional commentary it ends up killing the message and has more of a "Blog" format. I don't like blogs usually. Just sayin.

The Hell Ride article was a major bummer to read but it did make me read it... I've never been a fan of that writer though. Again he writes like it's a blog. I usually skip over his stuff.

American bagger mag is my current favorite. Love the tech articles even though about 80% of the mods are going on that one black Road glide! Kinda funny. That thing has turned into a billet barge!

lp

shortride 05-13-2010 08:33 AM

American Bagger and American Iron magazines have as many advertisements as articles, which only take 30 minutes to read.

jberg 05-13-2010 08:33 AM

I agree with everyone. Major depressing article and I can skim through the mag in a few minutes. They featured a stupid looking Road Glide with something like a 32" front wheel that looked ridiculous. Not gonna renew.

steveh326 05-13-2010 09:07 AM

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one anyway. Thought maybe it was just me.

my current favorite mag is "The Horse"... I've always worked on my own bikes, now after building 2 bobbers I'm really into the whole "garage built" bike thing.