Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 AM
wreckdiving
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather tour pak on RKC and mustang solo w/backrest

Well after my last post requesting a pic of a RKC with a mustang solo with leather tour pak and solo detachable hardware, I see I have plenty of lookers but no pics. I have spent countless time looking for a thread for someone who has done this, and havent had any sucess. Does that mean it has never been done, looks crappy or I maybe I should I refrain from my idea. I already bought the solo rack off e-bay and about to pull the trigger on a classic pak. So I figured let me give this one my try through the forum. I did just realize one negative, when opening the leather pak it opens forward, do you think that would complicate things or does any one have any constructive input.

Last edited by wreckdiving; 05-18-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-16-2010, 04:35 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser

I have a 04 King Classic with solo mustang seat and backrest with the detachable leather tour pack, but I also bought the passenger pavillian which you can remove if you want.
You can have several configurations because everything is detachable.
As for as the the looks, it looks good. I like the mustang seat look better than the original and eveything matches fine.
I don't know how to provide pictures, but if I can figure it out I will post a picture.
The only thing with the mustang seat is, if you have the passenger pad on, when you go to put the tour pack on you have to work with it a little because the seat is larger than the oringinal. If you don't use the pasenger pad it wouldn't matter. I always have the passenger pad on.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser
Default Pics

leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest-034.jpg

leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest-036.jpg

leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest-031.jpg

Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
wreckdiving
Intermediate
Default re:solo and torpak

KDFOSTER,
sent you a private message

Old 05-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Don't have a pic but I have had the solo

on the bike and yes, the bags won't open all the way. With the tour pak sitting forward, the saddle bags will only open half way. Not such a big problem if you don't put any real big items into the bag. I was able to get the saddle bag liner in and out when it was full of cloths. I went back to the 2 up set up because I add a hard t-bag over the rear seat so it's like a duo tour pak.

Attached Thumbnails leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest-flhr-tour-pak-1.jpg   leather tour pak on RKC and mustand solo w/backrest-flhr-tour-pak-3.jpg