Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hard Bags on RKC WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cbears
They fit more stuff than the leather ones. In fact they fit more stuff than HD hard bags by a little. They are air tight I have had no trouble with dust in them. I didn't have to change anything about the bike at all for them to fit perfectly once I got the grommets and rubber mounts from HD.
Just a note, I pulled my twin rails and sold them...I think the cavalry bags look best on their own...just the crash bars on the front

Old 10-10-2010, 11:42 AM
88 Paladin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice look.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,011 Likes on 21,322 Posts

Too bad Cavalry don't make tour paks.... They should....

Old 10-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great!

I love the hard bags, the main reason why I went with the RK over the RKC cuz I use the hell out of my bags and the hard bags are durable, lockable, water tight, etc.

Nice job!

Old 10-10-2010, 02:31 PM
hdtrader
Cruiser

...I like the bags. You have one of the nicest RK's I have seen...good work.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 PM
jimball32
Stage I
Thumbs down Cavalry Saddlebags

I bought some Cavalry bags in July 2010 for my Road King and they look wonderful but looks don't get you down the road. It is now Oct 2010 and the latching mechanisms are junk. The felt liner "bled" all over my denim jacket (aarrgghhh). The lock mechanism broke and the company does not warranty this part of their product. Yes, the bags themself are very durable, well made, and have distinctive lines (great). However, when your lid flies open at 75mph and all your shh-tuff litters the highway, it kinda makes for a bad day. I have called the company and they have been mostly helpful, they replaced the lid and gave me some new grommets to help make the bag fit better to the frame. However, when I called them about the lock malfunction, that seemed to be a bridge too far. The lady I spoke with said I could order a new set for 50 bux or she would "get with her manager" and come up with a solution (yeah, right). Save yourself the pain; pony up the cash and get HD bags. I have written a complaint to the company so if it gets settled to my satisfaction, I will let you know. Until then, buyer beware.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimball32
I bought some Cavalry bags in July 2010 for my Road King and they look wonderful but looks don't get you down the road. It is now Oct 2010 and the latching mechanisms are junk. The felt liner "bled" all over my denim jacket (aarrgghhh). The lock mechanism broke and the company does not warranty this part of their product. Yes, the bags themself are very durable, well made, and have distinctive lines (great). However, when your lid flies open at 75mph and all your shh-tuff litters the highway, it kinda makes for a bad day. I have called the company and they have been mostly helpful, they replaced the lid and gave me some new grommets to help make the bag fit better to the frame. However, when I called them about the lock malfunction, that seemed to be a bridge too far. The lady I spoke with said I could order a new set for 50 bux or she would "get with her manager" and come up with a solution (yeah, right). Save yourself the pain; pony up the cash and get HD bags. I have written a complaint to the company so if it gets settled to my satisfaction, I will let you know. Until then, buyer beware.
I am certainly not sticking up for the company, or the product for that matter. I did notice that mechanisms were not of the same caliber as the harley bags. I made sure, when I put them back together, that I loctited all the nuts to the bolts. They seem to lock as well as the harley ones and I like the internal connectors for the lids better than the external ones on the harley bags. I mentioned in my earlier notes that the grommets they came with were sub-standard and to make sure and buy the ones that harley sells for their bags. My bags also didn't come with the rubbers for the underside of the bags so I purchased a set of those from harley also. With the new rubbers the bags fit well and snug up to the frame pieces quite nicely.

I am a bit concerned about your comment on the linings though. Were yours wet when the bled onto your jacket? That would certainly suck!!!

I'm now thinking about buying a new set of locking mechanisms just to have on hand in case I ever have problems with mine. Do you have pictures of where they broke?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very cool. Now you have two bike for just a lottle money.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cbears
I am certainly not sticking up for the company, or the product for that matter. I did notice that mechanisms were not of the same caliber as the harley bags. I made sure, when I put them back together, that I loctited all the nuts to the bolts. They seem to lock as well as the harley ones and I like the internal connectors for the lids better than the external ones on the harley bags. I mentioned in my earlier notes that the grommets they came with were sub-standard and to make sure and buy the ones that harley sells for their bags. My bags also didn't come with the rubbers for the underside of the bags so I purchased a set of those from harley also. With the new rubbers the bags fit well and snug up to the frame pieces quite nicely.

I am a bit concerned about your comment on the linings though. Were yours wet when the bled onto your jacket? That would certainly suck!!!

I'm now thinking about buying a new set of locking mechanisms just to have on hand in case I ever have problems with mine. Do you have pictures of where they broke?
I threw their gromets in the trash too and went with the harley ones...My locks are fine but the latch, if I dont close the lid on the right side just the right way will open up on me....I just learned to understand it...I love the bags big time. Still not sure about the solid white though...But, with the lines on the sides, how do you two tone...I get about 50/50 from the folks around me if they like them or not.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
lallsdd966
Advanced

Beautiful looking ride!

Quick Reply: New Hard Bags on RKC WOW!!