Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Zumo gps for ultra classic help help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Mix-It Products
I used this to mix GPS and a seperate satellite receiver to my aux port.
You must plug Garmin into aux port and select aux on receiver. Since you can't add more than one input at a time you must either listen to only one thing at a time, like the Garmin, or use a device to add multiple sources. The Garmin XM is one option. My seperate satellite device is cheaper.
The Mix-it is a sound board that prioritizes and boosts the selected signals and allows them to be mixed.
There are other ways to do this that require a bit more wiring from BOMM and something called Kennedy Industries.
Do a search on this forum on this subject and you'll have a full day of reading.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:28 PM
cestep6
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdgstreetglide
Hello, I recently installed this gps unit on my fathers ultra classic. The question I have is. Can u run the radio audio or Xm and still be able to hear the gps threw the bike speakers as well. You can plug this unit up to the AUX port on the bike but that takes you to the AUX mode and you then lose the fm or Xm or cd and what not. Just as if you were using an iPod or mp3. So is there something I'm missing or a harness sold sepratley that I missed to allow you to overide this so you can jam to the tunes of the radio and still have the gps come in when the directions are being spoken. Kinda like the cars do where the music volumes down a little and then goes back up after the directions are spoken. I'm really hoping so because my father was thinking it was going to do this and for the money spent on this thing I would hope you don't have to switch back and forth between audio and the aux just to hear the directions. I do believe you can load music onto the gps itself but he loves his Xm. Thank you so much for any input you can provide to me.
I just purchased a 2011 Limited and had a question similar to yours. I found this item on Harley davidson's website. This might solve the problem of having to go through the aux port.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Hope it helps.

Cestep6

Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cestep6
I just purchased a 2011 Limited and had a question similar to yours. I found this item on Harley davidson's website. This might solve the problem of having to go through the aux port.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Hope it helps.

Cestep6
I'm in the process of installing the hd NIM (navigation interface module). Here is what it does.

It allows the Garmin (660 or 665) to interupt the stereo with directions. If you have the 665 with XM, there is still a wire running to the AUX port on the front of the stereo.

I just pulled out my stereo and sent it in to have a REAR AUX PORT installed so there won't be any wires showing.

I'm also wiring in my HD Road Tech 665 "WIRELESS".

You will all have to wait for my install thread to see how I'm doing that.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
pat53z
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any have the install instructions for the Interface Module.I would be interested at looking at the tech data.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 11-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

J&M Corp has a CFRG-HRUC unit which will integrate your GPS (550, 660 or 665) into your headset outlet. It's an easy install and works perfect. I also have my Valentine 1 under the fairing and tied into it. There's nothing on the market that will integrate to your speakers.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Hunter2010
2nd Gear
Default low microphone volume. Road tech 660

Is anyone using their wired microphone on harley hk radio to make cell phone calls using road tech 660? I have tried to use the HD bomm but have very low volume on the receiving side. Has anyone used a different product to talk on the phone? Your help is much appreciated.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:23 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not meaning to be a butthead but I am pretty certain I saw the 665 at a dealership.

Originally Posted by tedcmiller (Cry Baby)
Sorry, I was wrong when I said in a earlier post the 660 has XM. It does not. Only the 550 comes with XM. The zumo 665 does have XM, but it is not available through H-D.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 AM
badknees
Road Master

Maybe I misunderstood the ? But i thought you wanted a way to hear the GPS threw the radio speakers if so. Harley sell a cable adapter for this purpose it shuts off the radio when the GPS has something to say.

Quick Reply: HD Zumo gps for ultra classic help help please