Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 08-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Xkikbxr View Post
Anyway to diagnose a radio on a 2000 FLHTC? I had the radio and amp and volume control on the hadle bars replaced in 08 because of a short in the system. It was replaced unde extended warranty thru the dealer. It was a direct OEM replacement supposedly but I think it was actually a refurbished radio and amp. Anyway the new symptoms are that the front and back left sid espeaker is cutting off and on I get a lot of satic when hitting bumps in road. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Call Radio Sound: (502) 267-6768. RS was HD's vendor of the radio in your bike. Ask for customer service; they're very helpful.

Carl

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Xkikbxr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman View Post
Call Radio Sound: (502) 267-6768. RS was HD's vendor of the radio in your bike. Ask for customer service; they're very helpful.

Carl
Thanks Carl, I'll give them a shot.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 PM
kennyross
One Of The Regulars

I think I have a stuck or open radio switch. It does not say it on the dig. screen, but I have poor or no radio signal. Can I fix this or does it have to go to HD. 2008 EG out of warranty .
Thanks.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 18BKLR View Post
Find it a lot easier to pull the HK out and sell it on Ebay. 800-1000 bucks. Spend that money at biketronics and your problems are gone, and you get a way better stereo in the end. Just my opinion
I guess if you have a police bike and aren't used to the intercom, CB, and water resistance of the stock radio that might be a good suggestion. If you like the features of the HK just send it to Iron Crosse and get it fixed, much cheaper solution.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
BigBen
One Of The Regulars
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nothing. Nothing on the display, and even the backlight at night doesn't work. Any suggestions?

08 Road glide.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:55 PM
chuckb

Send it in for repair. Happened to my 06 3 times. The first time under warranty. The last time I lived with it for a year before I sent it in. I then had to take it to the dealer to have it calibrated. They set up for the country you live in.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Lrider

Sometimes when I start the bike up the radio comes on. It does not do this all the time just sometimes. Anybody else have this problem and know why.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Lrider

I forgot to mention my bike is a 2010 Electra Glide Classic on my last post. Thanks...

Old 09-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Wynndaddy
One Of The Regulars
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one that the plug on the back was loose from the factory . Seated it and everything was good .

Old 10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Great info and timely for me. Yesterday, my radio just started changing channels randomly. Sat overnight and today it was good. Will have to check. It might be a pinched wire as they just replaced the cruise control switch.
Appreciate you sharing.

cass

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: