Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Fairings for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue Duck
Mine is a DeadCenter. The quality is excellent but it was expensive. I am thinking of trading for an Ultra so mine will be available.
PM sent regarding fairing.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Blue Duck,

I sent you a PM with my cell phone#. Can you give me a call ASAP? I'm on the east coast.

Thanks!

Jake

Old 08-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Sam Porter
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tsukayu fairing

I recently bought a Tsukayu "double boox" fairing for my RK. (I don't know if they didn't know how to spell "box" but that name bugs me) After a LOT of research I chose this one. It mounts to the original windshield mounts and locks on, is made of ABS (won't crack) and not fiberglass, has lots of options for GPS, stereo, storage, and was priced under $800 including a 1000w Nakamichi amp, handlebar remote and two 6x9 speakers. I bought mine unpainted/prepped for paint and have to say it requires NO prep work. The factory finish is top notch! It is ready to spray right out of the box. I sprayed 3 coats of water based primer just to make sure my paint wouldn't have a compatibility issue and will be spraying the white pearl after the weekend. It's a one piece design so there are no seams or unsightly screws. I don't think anyone has a better bang for the buck. It looks great, fits well and I like the fact I can remove it in a minute for washing and detailing. Great product for a great price!

The following users liked this post:
Haywire (10-27-2017)
Old 08-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

I watched the vid nice, easy on and off.
Do you have any pics?

Old 08-13-2016, 09:53 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Aftermarket Fairings for Road King-65black.jpgI went with the Reckless Fairing. It was 975 bux delivered to my door in Canada. It has 2 6.5 Polks and am Infiniti Head Unit with USB and a 12 volt power point. I'm quite happy with it. If I had the time to wait I would go with Woody's. He makes an excellent fairing and his customer service is first rate.

Mine is quick detach using the original windshield mounting points but the rubber grommets are replaced with aluminum ones. Also has trailer type plug for the wiring. Way cheaper than getting an Ultra and I still have the ability to ride it with the fairing off around town which I prefer.

The nice thing is you can use the factory HD Windshields, 3 pouch bag and Street Glide mirrors. All of which I have.

It comes in black Gelcoat which is close enough to the factory vivid black for me.

YMMV

Old 08-20-2016, 06:50 AM
toxic
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Revblk, any chance of getting a picture of it on the bike. I'm looking for a fairing for my 2008 but I am noticing that some fairings fit way differently than others as far as lean angle and space around the headlight.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

My wife bought mine on ebay and gave it to me as a Christmas gift. It's fiberglass, I've had it on the bike for maybe 3 years I'm guessing. It's never going to come off I love it so much. It's hard wired and permanent.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:58 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,523 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Reckless Fairing here. Infinity Head, Polk Speakers. USB and Bluetooth, I mostly use Bluetooth. Marine equipment, rain is no problem. Mine goes on in the winter, comes off in the spring, I love the versatility. Big time quality, they matched the two tone root beer of my 'King perfectly. Came with two shields of my choice, later replaced with a LRS Elite Recurve, good money spent for that improvement.
Located not far from Gatlinburg, they will give you a walk thru of the facility, lots of pics via their site, good to deal with.
I have no plans to trade off my bike, so I find more ways to enjoy it.
http://recklessmotorcycles.com/

Old 08-20-2016, 08:28 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of these look pretty good but if you do the math you can lose now or later (unless this is your last bike) because you will not recoup the cost of the fairing when you sell or trade so you are better off $$$$ wise to shop around for a deal on the Electra Glide you really are trying to design (or SG, possibly).

Old 08-20-2016, 09:56 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by westnash
Some of these look pretty good but if you do the math you can lose now or later (unless this is your last bike) because you will not recoup the cost of the fairing when you sell or trade so you are better off $$$$ wise to shop around for a deal on the Electra Glide you really are trying to design (or SG, possibly).
Except that with a "Glide", you can't remove the ugly when you want to. LMAO!

The following users liked this post:
mprima (07-02-2019)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fairings for Road King