Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decatted header, FP3 and Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:06 PM
aqua754
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Decatted header, FP3 and Autotune

On my 2016 SGS, the cat is gone, stock A/C, and I installed the FP3 with the power duals and monster rounds map as per Vance and Hines. The bike runs and sounds great, heat is gone, 40 MPG. My question is do I continue with this map after I have now gone through a few tanks of gas, OR should I run auto tune, or just leave it alone? V&H advised not to run auto tune due to the possibility of crosstalk, but I wanted to get some hands on opinions here. What have you done with your decatted stock header and FP3, and how were the results.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2016, 01:19 PM
GroovusMagnus
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 95 Posts

If it's running fine, ignore it and let it run fine.

GM

Old 10-20-2016, 01:22 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

V&H actually brought up "crosstalk"? That's interesting because a lot I've read, particularly on this site, says crosstalk is overblown.

If the bike is running good and you're happy with, I'd leave it be.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:33 PM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 220 Posts

I say try the autotune and see how it does. You can always go back if it doesn't help.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:55 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

I never could get mine to Autotune worth a damn with close to the same set up. Went back to recommended map. Runs like a champ. I say leave it alone.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:00 PM
JABMIKE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default FP3 autotune

I am running decat pipe w/ stock a/c, Khrome werks HP PLus and FP3. V&H told me which map to use and the bike runs great and mpg is good. I see no reason to mess with the map IMHO.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:51 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

New to fp3, great device. Solved my ping under load and picked up all sorts of pep in its step. I did the canned tune recommended by V&H for my decat pipe, Rush Big Louies and AN Big Sucker (VH Power Duals and Twin Slash Rounds). They too warned of running autotune due to dreaded cross talk. Ive done 2 AT and the bike runs great after flashing each time. I ran the canned tune for a couple weeks then did the AT. I cant quantify before vs after with any numbers but for sure it feels less sluggish than the canned tune.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by aqua754
On my 2016 SGS, the cat is gone, stock A/C, and I installed the FP3 with the power duals and monster rounds map as per Vance and Hines. The bike runs and sounds great, heat is gone, 40 MPG. My question is do I continue with this map after I have now gone through a few tanks of gas, OR should I run auto tune, or just leave it alone? V&H advised not to run auto tune due to the possibility of crosstalk, but I wanted to get some hands on opinions here. What have you done with your decatted stock header and FP3, and how were the results.

Thanks
The map you are running is closer then the auto tune will take it. That is per V&H and several posts on this forum from members I trust. Leave it alone.

The following users liked this post:
BigDawgQC (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 08:20 AM
bikridr69
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

So based on this info I thought I'd ask a question. If you use a actual map with the FP3, can you disconnect it after, or is it better to keep it plugged into the bike. All my V&H stage 1 stuff should arrive today so once I put it on and sync the FP3 should I disconnect it and leave it in the saddlebag?

Old 11-17-2016, 09:58 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by bikridr69
So based on this info I thought I'd ask a question. If you use a actual map with the FP3, can you disconnect it after, or is it better to keep it plugged into the bike. All my V&H stage 1 stuff should arrive today so once I put it on and sync the FP3 should I disconnect it and leave it in the saddlebag?
Either disconnect it or leave it connected...it's up to you.

Quick Reply: Decatted header, FP3 and Autotune