Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:35 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats

i know the best seat is a matter of opinion.ive tried a few. ..corbin.. h/d sundowner..still looking somthing better.i was looking at an utimate seat does anyone have one..

Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

What do you ride? Year and model?

Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 PM
grumpyrider
Advanced

I'm very happy with my Santee seat on my road king, its very comfortable and looks good

Old 07-16-2010, 11:38 PM
crzy1racing
Advanced

the best seat is one that is custom made for you. bitchn stitchn in denver colorado makes the best seats i have found for a good price.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

i have a 2010 s/g.. the stock seat sux. i haveacorbin rumble seat i like the way it sets me back and look real good,just not great on a long ride with a pass.im have a sundowner its its ok might be a lil better with a back rest.for a long ride im thin built 511

Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out C&C Seats ( www.ccseats.com ) you won't be sorry!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:00 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

looks good and thanks..will check them out..hopfully i can find a seat that looks good and works well on a long ride.seens like you cant have both lol,i like the look of the corbin rumble seat and feel for a short ride but on a long ride it not great.i would love just to have one seat to make me happy

Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sundowner is the best I've tried out of 4. I had an ultimate on a VTX and it was great, but judging from the pics on their web site it doesn't look to good on the SG.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

ya not to crazy about the look,but im starting to realize if its gonna work ill have to deal with it.the sundowner seems ok,im thinkin a need a drivers back rest.id prob. just sell the corbin.i like the utimate gives you a 14 day try out.

e

Old 07-17-2010, 11:25 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had them all: stock seat, Tallboy seat with gel and foam mods, Mustang (previous bike), Corbin and Russell Day Long.

The Corbin was good, but my wife didn't like it, and I still got butt burn after 400 miles.

I got my Russell Day Long about six weeks ago, and if you're looking for long distance comfort, this is the best seat I've ever had. They custom make it for you (you send in pics of you sitting on the bike), and it fit perfectly.

If you're looking for a sleek, low profile seat, this ain't it. But if comfort is your priority, give it a try.

The downside is that you have to send in your old seat, and they build it from the pan up. So you're without a seat for a while even though you don't send it in until the production date. They aren't cheap either, but the best usually isn't.

Attached Thumbnails seats-rdl.jpg  

Quick Reply: seats