Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless earbuds/phones??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

The Motorola S-10 HD is the newer version, older S-9 gave problems the S-10 has overcome. I know several people with the S-10 and all love it and the range is impressive. Good sound isolation as well, volume does not have to be way up to enjoy.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 AM
TheSinistral
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
The Motorola S-10 HD is the newer version, older S-9 gave problems the S-10 has overcome. I know several people with the S-10 and all love it and the range is impressive. Good sound isolation as well, volume does not have to be way up to enjoy.
+1 on the S-10.... excellent range and sound. My only problem is that after 2 years it seems the battery is toast as it will not fully re-charge. Still works though.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm reading these posts correctly, they do not incorporate the Harley sound sound in?

Plantronics makes a nice earbud Bluetooth called Backbeat. They can be gotten on Amazon for 50.00 half price. Use mine for the gym, ok on bike, great range.

Have another one that looks like a money clip, forget the brand. But it runs Bluetooth from phone to the "money clip" device. To that you can plug into any regular ears buds. But instead, I plug into the input on my faring. Music and phone comes out of my speakers sounding great. But the Bluetooth picks up too much
wind noise to caller on other end.

I am hoping to find a way to incorporate my phone, into my HD communications headset.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:54 PM
nicholas982
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for some cheap, yet good ear buds I suggest you take a look at these:
http://www.headphonesencyclopedia.co...rable-earbuds/
Best reviewed and on a discount at the moment.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:12 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 125 Likes on 82 Posts

LOL you don't need high dollar ear buds at all! I just use normal everyday Skull Candy earbuds plugged into my Scala, they work just fine! I wear a 3/4 helmet, it takes a couple times putting it on to get the knack of sliding it over the 'buds without dislodging them (and/or the technique of worming a finger up there to push them back in if you do pull 'em out a bit) and you're good to go.

Speed limits down here are 75 or better, never had a problem with them. I just tuck the wiring inside my jacket before I head out so the wind doesn't catch.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:22 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholas982
If you are looking for some cheap, yet good ear buds I suggest you take a look at these:
http://www.headphonesencyclopedia.co...rable-earbuds/
Best reviewed and on a discount at the moment.
Serious thread resurrection!

Welcome to the forum, nicholas982. Might look at dates while doing your searching....as is the case with this one, many are very old. This one was started back in 2010.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:35 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Dead thread or not...The best for the money hands down are the Shure 215.
They stay in during workouts/running whatever. I went through a BUNCH of em before I found these. About $100 but if your picky about the fit and sound of your tunes get em.
http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...s/se-earphones

Old 03-16-2017, 02:54 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by gipper
Serious thread resurrection!

Welcome to the forum, nicholas982. Might look at dates while doing your searching....as is the case with this one, many are very old. This one was started back in 2010.
Noticed that as well but these sort of devices may have come a long way since the thread was started. I may be interested myself. Looking at those Shure suggested and the prices vary so wondering what the difference is?

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 03-16-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:03 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Noticed that as well but these sort of devices may have coma a long way since the thread was started. I may be interested myself. Looking at those Shure suggested and the prices vary so wondering what the difference is?
Maybe Mike (mkguitar) will chime in. He knows his stuff when it comes to earbuds. I have had Shure, and I liked them. Am now using Westone, and they're very good as well, but on the spendy side. At least mine aren't $100 or less, so I'll omit model information on what I'm using as it's probably not relevant to the original point.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:46 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

I can't remember the audiofilia blog but they went DEEP into the review..Found this from 2011. It's all in the driver inside apparently.I got the ones with no mic because it gets in the way in the gym and I didn't want wireless because its one less thing I have to charge. Ive tried Yurbuds, Bose, JVC,and Sennheiser to name a few. The cords on em are the size of a bass "G" string. There's some youtube vids out too I think. I was doing my search wrong I think. I kept looking for "Best workout earbuds or earbuds that stay in your ears"
http://www.head-fi.org/t/553343/revi...215-iem-review

Quick Reply: Wireless earbuds/phones??